Old 10-18-2014, 09:30 PM   #1

Water pump Fuse

We are out camping at the moment and have no power to the water pump. I have changed the 10 Amp fuse and no change. I noticed when I tried changing other fuses that a red led light came on, but not with the water pump fuse?

Any suggestions?

First day of our week long trip, gonna be longer with not showers and no available water in the remote campground.

Old 10-18-2014, 09:39 PM   #2

Did you try to change the fuse that had the lit red indicator light? That souls be the fuse that is blown. Also, if there are adjacent breakers within the panel, turn them off (and the water pump switch) before replacing the fuse.

Change the fuse, turn on the breakers ( if present), and then turn on the water pump.

I'm a bit of a newbie, but this may help.

Good luck.

2015 A122S "The next campsite tour of this type of intriguing camper will begin in approximately 15 minutes. We ask that you refrain from any flash photography as it tends to wake the native inhabitants..."

Camped 6 times in 2014, 5 times so for in 2015
underwhirled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 10:48 PM   #3

Thanks for your reply. I only took out other fuses to see what happens and the red led light comes on when you take it out, probably a way to easily identify a blown fuse.

But when I take out the water pump fuse, no light comes on. I have tried turning off all the circuit breakers and no joy there. I will try again in the am when I have daylight.

I'm hoping its not a faulty circuit board.
Old 10-19-2014, 12:23 AM   #4

There is a switch for the water pump mine is by the fuse panel just off the floor

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 10-19-2014, 11:11 AM   #5

Yes, mine has a switch for the water pump also, but there is no power to it.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:45 AM   #6

Have you checked near the water pump for an in-line fuse? Usually there is a fuse on most trailers.
Attached Images

Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2011(21) 2012(36) 2013 (17) 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32)
fonzie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 08:19 AM   #7

Time to get out a multi-meter. The first thing is to check continuity on the fuse, to make sure it is actually blown. The blown state is not always visibly obvious, although it may be.

The red LED is there to indicate which fuse if blown by sensing an unpowered closed circuit after the fuse. With the fuse pulled, if the LED is not on, then either there is an open circuit or no power to that fuse. Check the voltage on the power side of the fuse holder. From there you need to track it down depending on what you find.

For instance if the fuse is not blown and there is voltage on the fuse holder, then look for an open circuit by measuring voltage on that circuit at connections after the converter. There may be an inline fuse for the pump. I have not looked at mine so I cannot say for sure.

If there is voltage on the fuse holder and the fuse is blown check continuity on the circuit side of the holder to look for a short to ground. You can also check voltage down the line to isolate a fault.

Electrical troubleshooting can be confusing (it is for me at any rate,) but this is one place to start. Let us know what you find and someone will be able to give further advice.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 10:26 PM   #8

Update on the problem now that we are home and have internet connection. Several things were going on, 1. There was a loose connection to the water pump that just needed tightening the screw type connector, 2. the water pump was installed with just two screws holding it to the floor instead of the four and it was mounted on top of the copper pipe coming thru the floor which I think is to the hot water tank. 3. both the shower head and sink faucet were blocked with calcium deposits, this on a trailer that has only been used four times prior to me buying it, we had used it a total of 16 days before this trip. Anyway after fixing all these problems we had a good week trip. Thanks to everyone for help and suggestions.
Old 10-25-2014, 10:54 PM   #9

Good to hear that you found problem and had a good trip . You should have your hot water tank serviced sounds like you need to replace your android rod

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 10-26-2014, 06:16 AM   #10

This is just a guess, but you may have a potential problem.

Check the copper pipe that you mentioned that the pump is mounted on top of. If it's a propane line you may want to move something or protect the pipe so the pump does not rub it and cause a leak. The only copper pipes in our RV are for propane.

Tags
fuse, pump, water, water pump