Old 09-16-2015, 02:34 PM   #21

Water pump not working

DobeFanatic, I can't answer all of the questions you asked, but I can tell you that, when you switch the water pump on, you will immediately hear the pump as it usually cycles up to pressure and then stops. If you have an A122S, there's no way you can't hear it.

Kdot

kdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 02:37 PM   #22

From the last post, it sounds like you might be on it. Determine for sure that 12 volt current is reaching the pump. Then if not getting water flow, and you have inspected the water lines to make sure that nothing is kinked or pinched, go to what you referred to as a Shure filter. If it's a little line filter about the size of your fist you can probably unscrew the jar on it and see if it is collected anything. It can fill up with sand and gunk. Make sure its clear and clean. Then that only leaves the pump. So, if you feel capable, remove the pump and take it up and bench test it. If the motor is running and not just locked up and humming it might be worth rebuilding the diaphragms. Sometimes I can just take mine apart clear the junk out of it and other times you might need the replacements / repair kit for the diaphragm. It should be available in any good RV supply. My solution the first time was to buy a new pump install it then rebuild the old one and keep it as a spare. Good luck.

Old 09-16-2015, 02:42 PM   #23

This is one of the fittings, though not the one with gunk in it. Pliers don't seem to work to open the fitting. How to remove the metal band?
The screw on clear filter under the sink is clean.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0034_1.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	88909  
Old 09-16-2015, 03:11 PM   #24
clr

Well you are not in luck that is a compression type fitting, so a pliers will not easily remove them. You could use a large side cutter and cut the compression fitting off but then you would have to replace it with a hose clamp. You may want to try snaking out the inside of the hose before you cut off the fitting. You could also remove the intake hose from the pump and rig up another hose to a water jug or something that holds water to see if the pump is drawing sufficient vacume to pull the water out of the tank. If the pump does not pull water that way the pump will have to be taken apart and repaired.
Old 09-16-2015, 03:16 PM   #25

The work area is very tight for the gunked up tube where the band is that I need to flush, so don't think I could cut it off without damage to other nearby tubing. But is there any reason not to use a hose clamp which I am more familiar with if I do find a way to remove this one?
Old 09-16-2015, 03:34 PM   #26
clr

A hose clamp will work just fine here, as there is little pressure on the hose at this point.
Old 09-16-2015, 03:39 PM   #27

I guess I will have to forego anything else for now. I pulled the cover off under the sink. I see the intake white webbed line with screw on fitting at the filter, and I can see the output other side to the sink. Additionally, there is a clear tube in the back like the one under the camper with gunk. This end inside behind pump, cant tell where it fits in the picture, but it is clear and empty with no sign of water in it. Thinking I have to find a way to detach the clear piece under camper to get the sludge out somehow.
Old 09-16-2015, 04:49 PM   #28

I called ShurFlo, spoke with technician. There are only two ports, an intake and an output on the pump, no clear tubing. He suggested I take off the intake, turn on pump, check for suction.
There is no suction occurring. Said easy to take apart the 8 pump screws, clean diaphragm if I choose. Also please note, the clear tubing I was referring to earlier, is actually a vent for the intake on the side of the camper to eliminate air while filling the reserve tank, so gunk doesn't really matter there.
Old 09-16-2015, 04:51 PM   #29
clr

If you have a air compressor you could try blowing out the line. The clear tube laying behind the pump may will be the intake hose to winterize the RV.
Old 09-16-2015, 05:54 PM   #30

On my A122, there is a valve between the water tank and the pump located just inside the sink cabinet at front left corner. It may be a low point drain, but in any case I had to change it's position to get water flowing through the pump.

As far as I know (definitely on my A-frame), there are no valves or lines for feeding anti-freeze mix on the A-frames.

Many times, the advice from non-A-frame RV owners is sound. But there are also plenty of instances where the A-frame systems are different enough that advice from folks who have no experience with A-frames is just wrong. Look in the signature to see what kind of RV they own before you blindly accept the advice as pertinent to your A-frame.

In my A122, white, clear, blue pex (cold), and red pex (hot) lines are used for fresh water plumbing. Red and blue are used to feed the hot water heater, the sink faucet, and the outside shower (the only fixtures I have). Clear/white lines are used from the tank to the pump, tank fill, and city water connection. Unfortunately, installing wiring or water lines according to standard color code is not a priority in Forest River A-frame manufacturing - you may see incorrect color codes.

Fred W
2014 Rockwood A122
2008 Hyundai Entourage (minivan)
camping Colorado and adjacent states one weekend at a time
next trip: Lincoln, Nebraska

Tags
pump, water, water pump