Old 10-04-2015, 11:18 PM   #51
Originally Posted by sledboy2k View Post
Could someone tell me where the fresh water pump is located on my 2012 shockwave 21FS. Ive looked under the trailer, no access panels on the outside except for back of fridge.
Took a half case of beer and three friends helping before we finally found mine (not a Shockwave) the pump sound traveled to sound as though it was everywhere. It was very deceiptive. By the second round of beer we swore the sound was coming from under the shower. By the sound and vibration, we decided it had to be under the shower pan and were nearly ready to lift it to look. Another trailer of the same year and model was in our group and he had never seen his either. Turns out it is usually inside or in a compartment where it is not likely to freeze first. Ours was behind a drawer just to the side where we missed it the first time we pulled the drawer out. In hind sight, we realized that it has to be accessible since they do fail with fair frequency. Usually behind a blank panel, under a sink or in a compartment with or without an access cover. Now I realize that the pump was above the fresh water tank and we could have followed the water line from bottom of the tank, right up the side and through the floor to the pump

Turns out too that logic may have been hampered by the beer, but is was a fun afternoon hunt and since it was still working and we only did it out curiosity and then frustration that none of us could find it, No harm. Turned in to a good think to know a few months later when if failed. GOOD LUCK

Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 07:10 AM   #52
Water pump not working

Sledboy, after years of camping in travel trailers, I can tell you that the water pump could be anywhere, but there's a pretty straightforward, if laborious, way to find it. Open every storage area inside and out and look for an innocent-looking vertical partition that is screwed to the floor of the compartment. Unscrew the partition and look behind it. I can almost guarantee you will find your water pump behind one of them. If the partition is glued to the floor, don't remove it. The key is the screws at the bottom of the partition, holding it in place vertically, to protect the pump from being bumped by anything else in the compartment. Good luck.

2016 Rockwood A 213 HW
2016 Honda Odyssey
kdot is offline   Reply With Quote

pump, water, water pump