Just last week my just over a year trailer water pump refused to start and at all places at Joshua Tree National park with almost NO water in the camps. I took my 6 gal water container and on my explorations of the desert I filled it up at one of the two known water camps. I did not want to crawl underneath my trailer for the water drain.
After I got home I opened up the seats to expose the water switch and pump and did my trouble shooting.
1) Circuit breaker is on
2) Top fuse (water Pump) Good
3) Used my meter and found 12 volts going in and out of pump switch
4) Had 12 volts going into front of pump.
5) Did not have 12 volts going from pressure actuated switch to pump
6) Tapped switch with handle of my screw driver and it started working.
I ended up redoing the three connectors to the pump and I used a little solider to make it solid.
Here is a YouTube Video of a Tech showing how the pump works and the voltage check to make it easy to check with a meter or 12volt light tester.