Old 06-25-2016, 05:42 PM   #21

What are these water tubes for?

On my A213HW, there are two drains running out of the freshwater tank. One of them, the smaller white one, is the drain for the tank. The other one is Forest River's "winterization kit." Seriously! That valve cuts off flow from the water tank, so that a tube (which the owner has to supply) can be connected to it and placed inside a gallon of anti-freeze. The valve is then switched to allow the pump to draw out of the anti-freeze, instead of the fresh water tank. In other words, you don't have to put the anti-freeze into the fresh water tank to accomplish the winterization.

Kdot

kdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 06:51 AM   #22

So one line goes to the FW tank,,, and the other goes to the water pump,,, you must have a valve right ??? Sounds like a very good set up,,, I wanted to add one of those to our Sunseeker,,, but do not see enough room !!!

Old 06-26-2016, 07:55 AM   #23

What are these water tubes for?

Wolverine, if it is my contribution to this thread that you are referring to, then the answer is "Yes, sort of." One valve -the little white one- only drains the tank. The other valve is attached to the tank, next to the little white one. It has a line running from the water pump and its purpose is to allow the water pump to draw either from the tank, or from another source, in this case a jug of antifreeze. In the jug position, that valve has a little inlet that a tube can be attached to, which can then be run into the jug, allowing the pump to draw antifreeze directly from the jug. In other words, you don't have to put antifreeze into the freshwater tank, something I've never really liked to do.

dot
kdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 08:03 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdot View Post
Wolverine, if it is my contribution to this thread that you are referring to, then the answer is "Yes, sort of." One valve -the little white one- only drains the tank. The other valve is attached to the tank, next to the little white one. It has a line running from the water pump and its purpose is to allow the water pump to draw either from the tank, or from another source, in this case a jug of antifreeze. In the jug position, that valve has a little inlet that a tube can be attached to, which can then be run into the jug, allowing the pump to draw antifreeze directly from the jug. In other words, you don't have to put antifreeze into the freshwater tank, something I've never really liked to do.

dot
Yes I installed one of those in our old TT,,, they work Great !!!
They draw in Pure antifreeze,,, no chance of being diluted in the FW tank !!!

Tags
water