Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2013, 11:20 PM   #1

What is the best cover?

I will be storing my Flagstaff T12Bh during the off season. I want to keep it snug.

What are your suggestions? Thanks in advance
Old 09-05-2013, 03:50 AM   #2

I just purchased a Expedition Cover off Ebay for my 2014 Wildwood. I store mine outdoors and the covers have helped keep it clean through the winter months until spring.

Need to make sure all sharp edges are covered in foam prior to installation or else the cover will tear. Other than this I have not experienced any other damages to any of my trailers. Hope this helps.
Eastlake, OH
EastlakeRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:31 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

I have an ADCO. Good cover, doors, cinch straps, etc. I use tennis balls with an X cut into them for the downspouts.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:51 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triguy View Post
I have an ADCO. Good cover, doors, cinch straps, etc. I use tennis balls with an X cut into them for the downspouts.
Ditto on the tennis balls with an X cut into them for the downspouts.
My expedition cover made it 1 winter almost before ripping.On a windy day last winter the air got under the cover and started pulling the cover upward. Even tho it was snug to my unit. The force of the wind lifting on it bent the heck out of the skirting on that runs along the bottom of the camper. So I took it off!
This year I thinking of getting long 2x12 , parking the unit on them , maybe even jacks down on them. Adding eye bolts and strapping to them.
I to will shopping for a new cover this year. I dont know what cover to get right now.
I do know it will not be a expedition cover. The people there are not responsive to any claims of any kind. They offered me a full credit for what I paid towards a new upgraded cover. Sounds good so i asked for it. NEVER HEARD BACK FROM THEM EVER! Dont respond to me anymore at all. So bad review from me.

I still have that cover with 1 small rip., had it on my 26ft tracer I used to have and will not fit my new Lacrosse. So I have no use for it.

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:10 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Plato, does your Expedition cover have straps that go under the frame to connect the sides of the cover?

2012 Shamrock 233S
Old 09-05-2013, 07:29 AM   #6
Site Team

Yes, It has a nylon rope that would tie the side together and I used some bungee cords as well. Straps front and rear for the slack in the cover. Maybe my board and eye hook idea will work?? Dont know but I want to cover my lacrosse some how.

Zelda the campin dog
Old 09-05-2013, 08:05 AM   #7
Retread Popup Owner

We just bought an Expedition cover as well. It seems like a good product. I have two front corners I'm a bit concerned about, that they might wear through over time. I'll be looking for some foam to put there. Good tip.

We're fortunate. The previous owner built a carport style dining shelter. It's not pretty, but it has a peaked roof and the camper fits under it. The cover will keep the dirt off of the camper, and the ugly carport will keep the snow/rain/leaves off the cover.

We'll eventually tear down this carport and replace it with one that matches the steel 18'x21' two car carport we have. We originally thought about buying one sized for the camper, but we're now seriously considering going with a duplicate of the size of what we have. Guests could use the empty space for parking, and we'd also be able to set the camper up under the shelter for loading. I really like the idea of having a large cover with room all the way around the camper, for loading in the rain or doing any other work on it.

Camping Photos
Camper Mods
Wojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:15 AM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wojo View Post
We're just bought an Expedition cover as well. It seems like a good product. I have two front corners I'm a bit concerned about, that they might wear through over time. I'll be looking for some foam to put there. Good tip.

We're fortunate. The previous owner built a carport style dining shelter. It's not pretty, but it has a peaked roof and the camper fits under it. The cover will keep the dirt off of the camper, and the ugly carport will keep the snow/rain/leaves off the cover.

We'll eventually tear down this carport and replace it with one that matches the steel 18'x21' two car carport we have. We originally thought about buying one sized for the camper, but we're now seriously considering going with a duplicate of the size of what we have. Guests could use the empty space for parking, and we'd also be able to set the camper up under the shelter for loading. I really like the idea of having a large cover with room all the way around the camper, for loading in the rain or doing any other work on it.
Sounds like your covered then
A large TT vs a pop up covering I would think the expedition will work great for you.
But the camping season just stared as I love to camp into the late fall
For padding I would use something that wont hold moisture if you can

Zelda the campin dog
Old 09-05-2013, 09:37 AM   #9

i like the tennis ball idea on down spouts. i been covering them with some pipe insulation cut to size and then electrical tapping them so they wouldn't come off. the tennis balls seem like they would be enough. i'll have to check the kids toy box to see if we have 4 of them. shhh don't tell.
Eastlake, OH
EastlakeRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:39 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastlakeRoo View Post
i'll have to check the kids toy box to see if we have 4 of them. shhh don't tell.
I stole them from the dog's toy box.

He still doesn't know

2012 Shamrock 233S
Old 09-05-2013, 09:48 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triguy View Post
I stole them from the dog's toy box.

He still doesn't know
I as well like the tennis ball idea I was using carpet underpad and electrical tape the tennis balls sound much easier and I assume will hold better. Thank you
2011 Flagstaff classic 31.5'BHDS
Gripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:48 AM   #12
Retread Popup Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platokidd View Post
Sounds like your covered then
Nice.

Camping Photos
Camper Mods
Wojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:18 AM   #13

none of you guys that recently upgraded to a bigger camper have a cover for sale do ya? I need 26ft cover but the cost for a decent one is too high for me right now.

2013 Rockwood Mini 2503S
2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 5.3L
Bryan2503S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:43 AM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan2503S View Post
none of you guys that recently upgraded to a bigger camper have a cover for sale do ya? I need 26ft cover but the cost for a decent one is too high for me right now.
Too bad you are not closer. I have a expedition cover less then a year old with one small rip in it at the bottom about 6 " long if I remember right. I was going to try to fix it some how but it is too small now. I had a 26 ft tracer

Zelda the campin dog
Old 09-05-2013, 11:04 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platokidd View Post
Too bad you are not closer. I have a expedition cover less then a year old with one small rip in it at the bottom about 6 " long if I remember right. I was going to try to fix it some how but it is too small now. I had a 26 ft tracer

No problem, let me know if you decide to sell/ship.

So, after Chicago wins the cup this year, the Hawks will be officially a DYNASTY right? ( long time Hawks fan, Since the days of Roenick and Eddie B.)

How bout all that money they gave Crawford, WOW

2013 Rockwood Mini 2503S
Old 09-05-2013, 11:37 AM   #16
Site Team

Quote:
No problem, let me know if you decide to sell/ship.

So, after Chicago wins the cup this year, the Hawks will be officially a DYNASTY right? ( long time Hawks fan, Since the days of Roenick and Eddie B.)

How bout all that money they gave Crawford, WOW
DYNASTY if the win again for sure! Crawford scares me but did step up last year! But who am I question what the Hawks are doing. 2 cups in 4 years and I think there looking good for the 2013 2014 season to contend for another cup and have a real chance to repeat as champs. I go back to Hull Esposito Makita Belfour . Hawks are stacked with talent! Normally I say its tuff to win back to back cups cant happen.....This team could be a team to do it!

Sure on the cover .... how do we do it??

Zelda the campin dog
Old 09-05-2013, 12:04 PM   #17

Just let me know how much you want for it and how much to ship to 17019. If it's a fair price, I'm a trusting soul, I'll send you a money order. I imagine shipping will be a pretty penny, those covers look heavy. Feel free to PM me. a picture would be nice but not neccessary.

2013 Rockwood Mini 2503S
Old 09-05-2013, 02:13 PM   #18
Site Team

Quote:
Just let me know how much you want for it and how much to ship to 17019. If it's a fair price, I'm a trusting soul, I'll send you a money order. I imagine shipping will be a pretty penny, those covers look heavy. Feel free to PM me. a picture would be nice but not neccessary.
will do give me time to check it out

Zelda the campin dog

Tags
cover