Old 04-12-2013, 08:18 PM   #11
I'll wait on posting a dealer review, depending on how they resolve the gouge on the wall over the bed, which I pointed out when I first saw in the A122 a couple weeks ago, and they only halfway fixed by today because they did not have any tape onsite to complete the repair.

It doesn't seem so bad, now that I have so many reassurances. Thank you, all.

MishaFoomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:32 PM   #12
Welcome to the FR family.

If most of your camping is going to be dry I recommend installing a 2nd 12 volt battery or changing over to 2 6volt batteries. You have purchased a very nice unit and will be happier with all the extras once you figure out how to use them. If you want to use the heatpump/AC during warmer weather you should purchase a generator.

Take your time to get use to all the items in the trailer. Most new owners will driveway camp for a weekend or two in order to get to know how their trailer works. It will also let you know how long your battery will last, how much water you will be using etc. Take a deep breath, relax and enjoy the summer (if it every gets here).

Terry and Janet
2008 3001W Windjammer
2007 Ford F150
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:31 AM   #13
Mostly Harmless
We've got your back, Misha.. Call on us if you need advice. If its something you don't want to ask everyone, pick a member and use the forum's Private Message feature to send them a PM without having to use your email address. Security and confidentiality together!

The learning curve may be steep for a while but as Mark Twain would say, it keeps one's brains from caking up.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
Lee, WU0V, and Courtenay, N0ZDT
2011 Rockwood A128
2000 Silverado 1500 pickup
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
thehamguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:49 AM   #14
Originally Posted by MishaFoomin View Post
I had initially been thinking about a plain Aliner Ranger 12 with furnace, and do water heating on the stove top, but then saw this A122 for less $ than the Ranger but with more goodies inside.
I was in the exact same boat (er...R/V) when I bought my T10. I really didn't want or need all the extra goodies but the price was right.
The fact is -you don't have to use all that fancy crap just because it's there.
Driveway camping for a night or two when you first get the thing is a good idea but my advice to you would be to make sure you can pull it safely (you'll need the battery for that) and then take it out somewhere nice and get camping!
Camping -to me anyways- is about enjoying a fire and watching the stars. Getting away from the rat-race for a while. It's about listening to the loons or wolves and seeing some beautiful country.
It's not about stressing over operators manuals.

What you have right now is a hard-sided, warm, dry place to camp in, with a bed and a table you can sit at. They're superior (I think) to pop-ups and there's just no comparison between them and a tent.
Take a cooler, a Coleman lantern and a decent sleeping bag and you can learn about all the nice-to-have stuff as you go.
There's no lack of people who will take the time to help you out. The folks on here are just awesome for that as you've probably noticed by now. You'll find more of them at the campgrounds.

Just my .02.
Whatever you do -enjoy!
2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
2012 Flagstaff T10RD
Yukon Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:28 PM   #15
Yukon, you summed it up perfectly!
nannylou922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:09 AM   #16
Yukon, that's a pretty nice description of camping.

Misha ... a heated mattress pad???? Where has that been hiding all my camping life. In truth, if I ever needed that I'd be lost some place. I do most of my camping where a functioning A/C is much, much more important.

Don't feel overwhelmed by all the "stuff". The more you use it, the more it will make sense to you until it's second nature.

ETF is offline   Reply With Quote