Old 02-03-2014, 07:17 PM   #21
Canadian Member

DW and I would usually prefer a provincial park at an electric-only site but our 3 boys prefer the RV resorts and KOAs since they don't like the bugs you get in wooded areas. I have to admit I do like the water slides at one RV resort we've been to a few times.

We honeymooned in a 2-person tent (very cozy!), moved up to a Coleman pup and now we have our Roo. I think we're done with sleeping on the ground!

We mostly camp by ourselves (just our family) but we do an annual group camp with my step-sisters and their families. We enjoy the once a year group camping (for a long weekend) but we really prefer camping by ourselves.

Most of our camping has been staying 5 or more nights at one site, hiking, swimming, hanging out and some site seeing, but we recently started doing long trips with a lot of one night stays. For that we'd prefer to have a TT for less setup time and pull through sites.

No matter where or how we camp/travel, the evening campfire is a must for us.

2009 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew, 5.4L, 5'6" bed (2012 - 2016)

itat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:34 PM   #22

My son and I still tent camp/backpack.....the trailer serves many roles from a hotel we drag around, a base pad for tailgaiting, to a full blown out in the forest with no hookups camping camper (tho its a blurry line with satellite,blu rays and gennys)...lol..I aint skeeed of any kinda camping!!..my wife and 15month old say otherwise

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forest River Forums mobile app

2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:12 PM   #23

We RV like most of the others on this thread. Weekend warriors at local state park campgrounds. I take my kayak and bike and enjoy solitude while on a river or lake or on the trail hiking or biking. We typically RV with another family and share meals and evenings together. The kids get to ride bikes, swim at the pool and have fun outside. We have a nightly campfire with a few beverages and, in general, enjoy each others company. We usually take one weekly trip per year to a destination with multiple entertainment options. RVing builds quality family time and sure is a nice place to get in out of bad weather. This includes being warm and dry in the early spring/ late fall as well as cool and dry in a 100 degree summer. I tent camped most of my life and still backpack and rough it as an adult Boy Scout Leader. In 10+ years when we decide to mostime/fulltime I'm sure this will change. I have one kid left that goes with us now. The other two are grown and on their own. When it's just me and the DW we plan on traveling with our RV friends around the US. Give it a shot with this group. RVer's are a close knit community and you may find you enjoy it more than you expect.
Airlift system/on board compressor

speedcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:18 PM   #24
10x

Here is a nice campground for the adventurist here in Florida.

Cypress Cove Nudist Resort & Spa - Camping Rates
Old 02-03-2014, 08:23 PM   #25
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10x View Post

I would be completely down for that. I wouldn't say "adventurist" so much as a different lifestyle than you're used to.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:34 PM   #26
10x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I would be completely down for that. I wouldn't say "adventurist" so much as a different lifestyle than you're used to.
A future rally
Old 02-03-2014, 08:43 PM   #27
Infractee

I agree with most on here, I enjoy "camping". Have not done any "RV'ing" yet but will someday. We camp with a few other families and we have a blast, camper in the middle is "The Commune" and there is where all the action happens for the duration of the trip, everybody cooks and eats together, lies are told around the campfire while appropriate portions of adult beverages are consumed and some good card games are played (quietly) well into the night. We have only ever been to COE parks and State parks, not sure I would enjoy a "resort" or KOA type place as we do not camp to do activities, we have too much fun spending time with each other and our families swimming in the lakes, riding our bikes and hiking the trails. (and the aforementioned adult beverages, mine of the Canadian Whiskey variety)
Old 02-03-2014, 08:46 PM   #28
Infractee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10x View Post

I just clicked on that link, now I am REALLY confused after I read this;

There are full hookups, laundry rooms, and bathing facilities.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:06 PM   #29

Check out the gallery on the web site.....the DW and I are still laughing

Reminded us of the time we went to a nude beach in St Tropez, France on our honeymoon. When I got to the German section of the beach I was nearly blinded! There are just some things you can not un see
Airlift system/on board compressor

speedcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:35 PM   #30

I bought my camper to do the weekend thing with my daughter and when I traveled I had a place to sleep - I prefer the camper over a hotel room

I like the Federal / state and a few Brevard county parks over private parks - mainly due to prices - government parks are cheaper then private parks and have just as many amenities as the private parks.

when we go in the camper we cook on the grill and ride bicycles and may go to walmart to shop or drive around to check out the area - it is mainly to unwind and get away from the Orlando area where I work and live.

sometimes it is nice to drink a beer talking with neighbors over a fire or just hanging out
My parents own a 40 foot diesel pusher and camp also so there has been a few occasions we camped with them and my daughter got to spend time with her grand parents since they are retired and travel between Ocala and franklin NC 6 months out of the year.

its really all in what you want to get out of the camping trip

USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping