Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2014, 06:04 PM   #41

We enjoy the state parks and county park type of camping when we want kayaking. However, since we travel with an active 12- year-old, we also enjoy places with other activities. Our favorite has been a dude ranch here in FL. Lots of activities, golf, horse back riding, petting farm, hay rides and archery. We are trying out a new place with lots of water slides and things for kids in March. I guess we enjoy all types of camping.
K1050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:47 PM   #42

We typically stick with the state park style of camping. More often than not our vacations consist of travel to some distant destination then camping for a few days while we explore the area. It has become more civilized over the years as we have moved through the progression of tent to popup to hybrid TT. I generally don't view it so much as camping anymore than just getting away and relaxing in the great outdoors. To satisfy my cravings for "Real Camping" I also enjoy taking backpacking trips with a friend and my son for a few days at a time.
2012:1042/13 2013:2772/27
2014:2259/30 2015:1644/20
2016:1278/23 2017:2183/22
indybp57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:27 PM   #43

We do a mix if state parks and some more complete campgrounds with amenities. Mixing it up works for us, the remote camping is a further distance for us so we can't get out to do it every weekend, but we can fill in the gaps with much closer <1hr drive rv camping type places with hookups and accessibility to retail and whatnot. It's still outdoors under the stars so it works for us and sometimes we don't always want to deal with the extra prep that roughing it requires. We are both still working as well, so we have the rest of life's activities to plan around and having something close by helps us make that work.

You'll see this is a common and often hotly debated topic in this and other forums... There are purists out there, we just don't buy into all that noise. It's your time off from the regularities of life, you should do whatever you want to do and not let others define what is good or bad for you.....
Old 02-05-2014, 03:15 PM   #44

So far we haven't done any travelling just camping. We do two types about 50/50 state parks where we have hook ups for power and water. We like to hike, fish and swim at the state parks plus the quiet of getting away from it all. The second is as the handle suggest camping at renfaires. Which is primative as there is no hook up but is much more crowded as we are camping with several hundred other renfaire patrons and enjoy a very active fire circle and loud druming and lots of fun party time.
RenFaire Camper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping