Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2013, 11:26 PM   #1

Where can I buy an A128s , near Massachustts ?

Trying to find a dealer in or near Massachusetts who has A128s's for sale....no luck so far, any suggestions ?

thank you
lotsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:27 AM   #2

Can't help you in Mass. But people drive from all over the USA to buy from my dealer. See link and ask for George.

http://www.houseofcamping.com/2013-f...pup-il-i375070
Tinsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:43 AM   #3
Engineer of Crazy Train

You weren't specific where in Mass you are but Rousseau's in Lakeville sells FR A frames.
Locomotive Engineer
Nights Camping --- 2015 - 19 Camped | Winterized -- 2014 -18
Come read my Camping Blogs
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:25 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Use this handy dandy dealer finder, then start the phone calling or internet searches:
Forest River RV Dealer Locator :: Forest River RV

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:52 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChooChooMan74 View Post
You weren't specific where in Mass you are but Rousseau's in Lakeville sells FR A frames.
i am in bourne, have called rousseau's, waiting for a call back, hope they have the a128s, but, if not, one of the smaller ones, like the 122 or 122bh would be ok.......wonder how much haggle room there is on the prices though ? some place in ohio, labadie',s is selling them for 9400 in their internet ad (a128s, that is)....
Old 01-12-2013, 11:54 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
Use this handy dandy dealer finder, then start the phone calling or internet searches:
Forest River RV Dealer Locator :: Forest River RV
thanks , have gone there, just not many of the dealers sell those up here ;(
Old 01-12-2013, 11:59 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsip View Post
thanks , have gone there, just not many of the dealers sell those up here ;(
You may have to expand your search to other zip codes. I did that with my camper search. I drove about 200 miles 1 way to Pennsylvania to look at a camper when we were shopping. The floorplan of that camper looked great, as well as the online pictures. But when I actually saw the camper, it was not very user friendly with the slide in, so we had to continue our search.

Somewhere (hopefully, close) there is a dealer that would love to show you his A128.

Old 01-12-2013, 12:03 PM   #8
Engineer of Crazy Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsip View Post
i am in bourne, have called rousseau's, waiting for a call back, hope they have the a128s, but, if not, one of the smaller ones, like the 122 or 122bh would be ok.......wonder how much haggle room there is on the prices though ? some place in ohio, labadie',s is selling them for 9400 in their internet ad (a128s, that is)....
Go in person. Bourne to Middleboro (Lakeville) is not all that far. If the older gentleman is there, tell him (Late) Uncle Edgars next door neighbor sent you. He may remember me. Dave, the service guy, should remember me from renting with my Liberty Diesel.
Locomotive Engineer
Nights Camping --- 2015 - 19 Camped | Winterized -- 2014 -18
Come read my Camping Blogs
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:10 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
You may have to expand your search to other zip codes. I did that with my camper search. I drove about 200 miles 1 way to Pennsylvania to look at a camper when we were shopping. The floorplan of that camper looked great, as well as the online pictures. But when I actually saw the camper, it was not very user friendly with the slide in, so we had to continue our search.

Somewhere (hopefully, close) there is a dealer that would love to show you his A128.
Thanks mtnguy, will expand my search...certainly don't mild driving 200 or more miles, as long as I am driving a new toy home ) ha
Old 01-12-2013, 12:12 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChooChooMan74 View Post
Go in person. Bourne to Middleboro (Lakeville) is not all that far. If the older gentleman is there, tell him (Late) Uncle Edgars next door neighbor sent you. He may remember me. Dave, the service guy, should remember me from renting with my Liberty Diesel.
I will, i am not very far....been speaking with Donna there about popups......but, after seeing pics and videos of the a-frame popups...i think i want one !.....Paul is calling me back, soon, i hope !

will tell em you sent me !!
Old 01-12-2013, 12:23 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

When you get to see a A128 and like what you see, I would suggest driving home alone without the trailer....unless you have already done your homework. You need to do research online to see what price other dealers are offering on that model. You might want to also run that model across some online wholesale dealers to see what price they can get it for you. Then do some dickering with the dealer that you choose using those prices as a basis. The don't have to match the prices that you find, but they should come close.

Another thought is to price that puppy out beforehand with a Rockwood dealer closer to home......I feel sure they would be happy to order you a camper.

You could also include the Flagstaff T12RBST which is almost an identical model to the A128. That could give you more places to search dealers, and more competitive pricing.

Old 01-12-2013, 12:42 PM   #12

We drove 2 hrs to pick up our A-frame. Did consider the dealer midwest who sells these units the cheapest, but after figuring out the gas cost and our time - we decided it really didnt save us anything that I could just negotiate to a compromise with a somewhat local dealer. I did call dealers as far as 8 hrs away and then called the one 2 hrs away and asked them to help me save time on the road by accepting my offer. After a day or two passed, they did. Dealer mark up is high enough for wiggle room. I initially offered 60% MSRP, ended up paying 70% MSRP and negotiated in the screen room. Remember, when you make your offer, if it too low you can always go up BUT IF IT IS TOO HIGH, YOU CANT GO DOWN....and be prepared to let the offer sit when they tell you "NO". Give them 2 days to call you back. A good salesman will, they want to make the sale.
I notice in my area, the 2012 units are being blown out - someone will get a super deal if they buy now and still can negotiate. Our area RV show is in 2 weeks, look forward to seeing what cool things I can buy!
You might check Craigslist RV as alot of dealers/salesmen use to reach the public who might not know what they have...I googled the Model I wanted and narrowed the search to my state; and expanded the search to neighboring states.

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:25 PM   #13
Flagstaff 22FBS

If you can find a good price (or two) online, make print outs to take with you while shopping with any dealer.

We drove 235 miles to a dealer that had three A126's on their lot. We let them know were interested in what they kind of "out the door" pricing they had on one.

The salesman smiled and quoted an exorbitant price. Gary and I looked at each other and I said, "Humm well... OK thanks anyway" and we stood to leave. Stunned, the salesman asked what was it that we expected to pay to make a deal? So we showed him our print out.

In a non-condescending tone, we stated that, even though the dealership with the (much) better online price was another 100 miles up the road, we were willing to drive that far. Also, even though we like this one, we didn't have to buy a camper and could just as easily drive on back home. Either way we were money ahead. *shrug*

The salesman went back in the "manager's" office and they did the thing that salesmen and managers do. He brought back a slip of paper and slid it across the desk at us. They reduced their OTD price by $3500. It was an offer we couldn't refuse...

Do you homework so you can go shopping armed with any and all of the information to help you get the price you can get! Good luck with your search.

Deb
ps, Don't discuss what you are willing to pay in the office after the salesman leaves. Maybe I'm a cynic (or maybe paranoid), but I believe dealerships (car, RV or otherwise) leave on an intercom between offices so they can listen to what is said while they are out of the room.

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where Nature may heal and cheer and give strength to body and soul alike._ John Muir
gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:35 PM   #14

In my experience, Rousseau's does not return phone calls and is in no hurry to sell low profit, low price a-frames. We made repeated calls to them inquiring about the a frames. They didn't have what we were looking for in stock and wouldn't give us the time of day. Wanted to ask them if they could get one from the factory for us, they gave us the runaround, "have to talk to so and so and he's not here, will call you tonite...tomorrow... Next day, etc" call back several times asking if they figured it out, always the same answer.. Either they were still looking into it or the one person who could help me was too busy with other customers. Leave my number, never get a return call. I could not speak more poorly of that business. We ended up driving over the line to NH and purchasing from Campers Inn and they were the exact opposite of Rousseau's.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:07 PM   #15

Rousseau's called right back. I mentioned I had seen some of their competitors' offers, said they would give me the price I asked for on a leftover 2012 a122 with everything I wanted in it, 10 grand, out the door. I think i got a great deal. My salesmen, and everyone at Rousseau's, were great. In a week, or so, I will be driving it to Florida. #wickedexcited !
Old 01-12-2013, 09:13 PM   #16
Flagstaff 22FBS

Congrats, have a safe maiden voyage and post pics when you return.

Deb

ps, welcome to the forum!

Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where Nature may heal and cheer and give strength to body and soul alike._ John Muir
gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:19 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory View Post
Congrats, have a safe maiden voyage and post pics when you return.

Deb

ps, welcome to the forum!
Thanks Deb, will take some pics....hopefully I can find reasonalbly priced campsites in the Leesburg/Bradenton areas, where my fishin buddies are ! I was thinking the Florida State Parks in from the coast a good ways probably
Old 01-15-2013, 02:24 PM   #18

When looking for an A Frame, we decided it was just best to drive out to Ohio and pick ours up. Couldn't find any dealers out here in New Jersey.
jmfpanzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:54 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmfpanzerman View Post
When looking for an A Frame, we decided it was just best to drive out to Ohio and pick ours up. Couldn't find any dealers out here in New Jersey.
Well, I would have drivin quite a ways, if I needed to, and if the price was right, but, fortunately found my A122 only 25 miles from my house!

Tags
a128, a128s