Old 08-23-2013, 11:54 PM   #1

Where can I find a used FR Hardside A-Frame?

I've been researching A-frames and I am SOLD on FR ... But (I understand) FR has not been making these for very long... I know they are reasonably priced new (compared to other a-frame makers) but I'm on a real tight budget and I thought used would be a way to save $$$

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Old 08-24-2013, 12:41 AM   #2
Moderators' Assistant

there are two for sale in the Classified section here at FRF.
have you looked there?

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:31 AM   #3

Thanks Dan,
I'm such a noob I didn't look for a classified section here. What search terms are best for finding all the A-Frames that are available ... I just did a search for "A-Frame for sale" and got 2 results but one was sold a long time ago, so I'm missing one...
Old 08-24-2013, 06:49 AM   #4

Not that they aren't available, but A frames are a small niche within the pop up market. Which is itself a niche in the larger RV market. And FR is new to the A-Frames. So it may take some time for one to be available in your area. For instance a search on Craigslist for "forest river a-frame" turned up zero local results and one "nearby" result. In a city that is a three hour drive. So patience is in order. The result was a used once, 2013 model at about a 10%-15% discount from new drive off price. So it is no great bargain at the asking price, considering you still have to pay the sales tax and the warranty does not transfer.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:32 AM   #5

I checked RVtrader.com and only found one used A Frame listed. It is here in Texas.

Here's the listing....

2012 Forest River Flagstaff Tent A-Frame//12ddst, Denton TX - 110653826 - RVTrader.com

Best of luck in your search.
Pullrite Superglide 16K Hitch
slide5r4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:57 AM   #6

Thanks Kevin (or Janine) appreciate the help. I do want to find one a little closer (I'm in Indianapolis), to Tom's point I guess I'll just have to be patient (AND dilligent) .... The classifieds here had an awesome a frame that finally sold for $8K ... So the deals are out there
Old 08-24-2013, 10:18 AM   #7

Your welcome Wanderlust! Indianapolis is a bit far especially considering it is a used unit. As long as you have time on your side you should be able to find a good used unit for the right price. Here's hoping the "I gotta get me a trailer" bug doesn't bite you too hard.
Good luck!
Kevin
Pullrite Superglide 16K Hitch
slide5r4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:47 AM   #8

You should be able to purchase a new Aframe for $9,000 in Indiana without negotiating so you might want to try negotiating at a dealer for a leftover 2013 and you might just get it for your budget. I paid closer to ten for a 2014 A122BH in Wisconsin but I know new floor plans come out this September.
Old 08-24-2013, 03:30 PM   #9
Moderators' Assistant

i agree with Rascal.
you live in RV Central, where prices are 30-40% cheaper than other areas of the country.
go to RVDirect and get some prices. they sell the Flagstaff version of the A-frame campers.
you can pick it up in Des Moines or have it shipped to you, which probably wouldn't be much.
but you can use their prices to shop around your area.
or House of Camping has great prices on FR towables.
they have a new Rockwood A122 on sale for $9385. their prices were so good, we drove from California to get our Roo hybrid trailer.

have you contacted the sellers of the two A-frames in our Classified section?
not sure why you're using the search feature here for A-frames for sale, when you just have to click on the Classified section and all that's for sale is listed there.
one is being sold by CCrane2299 and the other by Maranatha.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 03:44 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
i agree with Rascal.
you live in RV Central, where prices are 30-40% cheaper than other areas of the country.
go to RVDirect and get some prices. they sell the Flagstaff version of the A-frame campers.
you can pick it up in Des Moines or have it shipped to you, which probably wouldn't be much.
but you can use their prices to shop around your area.
or House of Camping has great prices on FR towables.
they have a new Rockwood A122 on sale for $9385. their prices were so good, we drove from California to get our Roo hybrid trailer.

have you contacted the sellers of the two A-frames in our Classified section?
not sure why you're using the search feature here for A-frames for sale, when you just have to click on the Classified section and all that's for sale is listed there.
one is being sold by CCrane2299 and the other by Maranatha.
I am going to the classified section and then searching for A Frames because I'm not looking fir other types of pop ups ... What I have switched to doing is searching for A122 or 12DD (the twins I'm looking for as I need one that sleeps 3) ... As for the other feedback --> I'm glad to know I'm in the right part of the country of the best deal --> also thanks for the negotiating tips I will check out House of Camping for sure

You all are awesome, thanks !!! Gotta go now, talk to you soon.

Tags
a-frame, frame