Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2018, 04:38 PM   #1

Where to store Weber bbq on T19qbhw?

Hi. I finally upgraded to a nice q1200 Weber barbecue. I have the T19qbhw trailer and for the life of me there is nowhere to carry it on the trailer. It does not fit in front compartments or any other compartments on trailer. Where do you store yours? Thanks for your time.
CamperBryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 04:54 PM   #2

We bought the Q2000, which is a little bit bigger. In the store, I would have bet my paycheck that it would fit into our pass-through storage. Well, it almost does... just short of fitting by about 3/4 of an inch! So, it rides in the bed of our pickup now. Small price to pay for having such a great grill!

I converted ours so that we can hook it up to our TT's propane supply, now no more little propane bottles. The conversion works great! We love our Weber!

2018 Avenger ATI 27RBS
BriaBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 01:48 PM   #3

Our Q1200 fits in the upper part of the front storage compartment of a T21TBHW. Not a lot to spare, but it fits. DW found a Q2000 with stand at Salvation Army for $85. The stand fits the 1200 and also fits in the upper part of the front storage.

Fred W
camping Colorado and adjacent states one long weekend at a time
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 03:45 PM   #4

Thanks. We absolutely love our Weber compared to the cheap one that come with trailer. I tried to fit in front compartment but would not fit unless we took the top off of barbecue. Thanks. Bryan
Old 08-20-2018, 03:37 PM   #5

I have a High Wall PUP...kind of like your hard-side...kind of.
I have a Q-2200 that I store in it's original box in the rear hallway between the rear bunk, bath, and furnace/cabinets. I realize your floor plan is different but perhaps it will fit under the table or in front of the refer?
https://res.cloudinary.com/camping-w...DE_T19QBHW.jpg

When I stash my grill, I take the cast iron grates out and put them under a cardboard divider at the bottom of the box. They are heavy, and if they get loose in the grill, they'd wreck the burner. Then I put the grill in there. I have a grill-cart, so I put that on top and cover it with a spare blanket that drapes over the sides. This keeps the cart from banging up my bathroom wall and cabinets. It rides nicely even when off-roading deep into the forest. (We're lifted and often go in 11 to 12 miles to boondock.)

I understand that storage space in a folding camper - when folded - is at a premium and my PUP has more of it, but if you start with the grill and fill in around it, perhaps that will work. What's under your flip-up bed? On the other hand, my go-to for any overflow is my TV...in this case the bed of a RAM 1500.

P.S. I learned the box trick the hard way. My PUP came with one of those crappy steel grills that hang off the side of the camper. This thing self-disassembled several times in our boondocking travels. I finally took an amazon box, padded the floor, and store the grill in the box. It fared MUCH better.

By the way, if you want to be able to plug your Weber into the RV propane tank connections, this thread has a pictorial and parts-list description of how to do it. Scroll through the entire thread.

Good luck finding a home for your new grill. I love mine.
2006 Ram 1500 4WD Crew with Firestone Airbags
Every weekend boondocking in the National Forests or at Lake Vallecito.
jimmoore13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 07:05 PM   #6

Thanks for the ideas. Might have to go with the box suggestion. I also have a ram 1500 but have a 12 foot boat that I carry on my truck which means I have to carry outboard motor and gas and paddles and life jackets and coolers and all fishing gear. Under the bed I carry an add on tent and tools and extra bedding. That’s one thing about these A frames. You learn to pack lightly. Bought the Weber as everybody had nothing but good things to say about them and never even thought that it would not fit in any of the compartments. Thanks for your response. Bryan
Old 08-20-2018, 07:24 PM   #7

This sounds weird and cumbersome at first, but it works.
The grill's lid is held on with two pins and clips, super easy to remove. Once the lid is off the 2 pieces should fit through the storage bay door separately. If there is room, you might even be able to reassemble the grill once inside. I glued a small Neodymium magnet to the back of the lid to hold the pins when the lid is off.
It's not the handiest option, but works in a pinch.
DavidBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 09:38 PM   #8

First off, I use a charcoal grill. IMO, propane is for the stove.

I tow my travel trailer with a full size cargo van. Loads of storage space and out of sight of prying eyes.
tosh99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 07:21 AM   #9

I have a Q1000 I bought 10 years ago. Still works like new. Had to replace regulator a while back. I can easily slide mine through storage door but grill bounces around too much so I keep it in the bed of the pick up truck. Grill at the time came with a canvas storage bag on wheels so it's easy to move around. Just had to replace my grill at home so I got the Q1200 and the stand.
Best grill around IMHO.
Old 08-21-2018, 07:30 AM   #10

My Q1000 fits real nice in one of the larger Rubbermaid totes. Contains all the pieces and was converted to use the TT Lp system so the hoses and a lid on the container keeps the grill smell contained and critters out of it when it's stored in the garage, clean and transported in back of truck
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 07:31 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff64 View Post
My Q1000 fits real nice in one of the larger Rubbermaid totes. Contains all the pieces and was converted to use the TT Lp system so the hoses and a lid on the container keeps the grill smell contained and critters out of it when it's stored in the garage, clean and transported in back of truck
Same for me.

2017 GMC SLT HD All Terrain Crew Cab (6' 6" Box) 2012 Roo 23SS
E2 Trunnion WDH (1,000 lb / 10,000 lb)
Dave Lyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 10:05 AM   #12

I just remove the two pins and take the lid of and both pieces slide in the rear storage with no problems. I have a converted Q2000 so I think they may be a bit bigger.

Takes no time to assemble/disassemble so for me that's one less thing I need to find a spot for.

I like the idea of glueing a magnet to it to hold the pins but I have been just putting them in the lid.
p40whk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bbq