Old 10-03-2014, 05:09 PM   #1
Wind cheeta

How many people have these on your A frame? And do you like them?

Droes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 05:53 PM   #2
Presumably you are referring to the highly promoted but largely unneeded "A Frame Wind Kits."

The inventor/owner was on this forum about a year ago selling these. His campaign was long on fear factor sales but short on engineering. Little things like explaining exactly what types of wind were dangerous to A Frame owners, how likely these conditions were to occur, and evidence his product actually did what it claimed.

His posts were filled with FUD tactics. (Raising Fear Unease and Doubt.) After reports to the forum moderators, at least one thread disappeared and his posts were heavily redacted before the thead reappeared.

According to his own word, he is not allowed to discuss the product here. Although you and anyone else certainly should be free to.

See this tread for a prior discussion.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 03:30 PM   #3
Personally, I'm not putting my A122 up or down when the wind gusts from thunderstorms (can easily be 40MPH+ here in the Colorado mountains) in the area. I'll wait it out to raise or lower. On the good side, we tend not to camp on the open prairie or on top of exposed plateaus where the winds will be signficantly stronger.

Both my wife and myself feel a whole lot more secure when camping during storms in the A-frame than we did in our previous pop-up. Things move a lot less in the wind. That said, we didn't bother with an awning or any kind of tent attached to the A-frame camper. We've seen too many tents and awnings blow away or tear themselves up at Colorado campgrounds.

We have not used anything but the stock A122 and a well-staked EZ-Up (sometimes on the latter) and survived 7 long weekends of camping in Colorado this year without any wind damage.

just our experiences
Fred W
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 04:27 AM   #4
Fred W good to know about the ez ups and trailer doing well in winds. We have a 2014 194HW and traded in our popup for the aframe. Have yet to camp in it but this coming week end we will have our Maiden voyage. Looking forward to new experiences of the good kind.
chaviva7 is offline   Reply With Quote