Ladies and Gents,
Yesterday I winterized the freshwater system in our 2014 A127TH, or at least I think I did. Procedures were:
- Assure main tank was empty. Assure drain valve closed
- Close inlet and outlet valves to water heater (WH)
- Open bypass valve between inlet and outlet lines to/from WH
- Use 1-1/16 socket to pull anode/drain
- Open relief valve. This is not a typo, I really did pull the anode from a well-pressurized WH.
- Change into dry clothes, socks, and shoes
- Pour 2.75 gallons of pink RV/Marine antifreeze (AF) into freshwater tank.
- Open sink cold water faucet and run until pink. Close.
- Open sink hot water faucet and run until pink. Close.
- Observe inside filter housing emptying of clear water and filling with pink
- Observe screen w/clear plastic housing @ 12v pump inlet filling with pink.
- Open outside shower cold water faucet and run until pink. Close.
- Open outside shower hot water faucet and run until pink. Close.
- Pour about a pint of pure pink AF into sink to assure of pure AF in P-trap
- Pour remaining pint into freshwater tank
- Observe maybe 1.5 gallons of pink in freshwater tank, assure drain valve closed
- Replace anode/drain plug into WH, finger tight
- Close pressure relief valve.
I elected not to blow out the water lines due to ready access to the pink AF and less ready access to fittings, etc, and a pressure-regulated source of compressed air. I also found no "low point drain" valves anywhere in the water system's plumbing. Perhaps the main tank drain is the "low point drain"?
I'll next place some dryer sheets in various places inside the unit, spray "critter ridder" pepper-spray based liquid on all exterior wiring, plumbing, and gas lines, and move it to a storage lot. Spray a liberal amount of Armor-All on the tires, inside sidewall and outside sidewall, and tread, affix tire covers, and pull the battery to sit on a battery tender for the winter.
I'll cover the closed-up camper with a 8-mil reflective tarp with two long semi-rigid foam "bars" providing for air space between the tarp and the closed top.
Did I miss anything?