Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2014, 07:26 PM   #1

Xena, Warrior Princess Has Arrived

Well folks.....Xena, Warrior Princess arrived today at her new home. She is a beauty if I do say so myself. I've spent most of the evening setting it up...going over the things the guy showed me during my hour long orientation...still a lot of things to remember but I'm reading over the booklets that came with it.

We backed a bit of it into my garage to see if it would fit width ways and it will but have to be careful to push straight. I wanted to push it all the way in but the neighbor that was helping had some health problems and I didn't want him to hurt himself. I have another and stronger neighbor that will help me tomorrow.

The one question that I have or had is this...I think I may have figured the answer out but see if I'm correct. I was flushing all the lines out since they had winterized it...hooking up to city water I flushed till water was clear. I started flushing the holding tank for the fresh water and it quit draining with still about an inch of water and antifreeze in it...drain too far up...then it dawned on me that maybe I need to turn pump on and drain from faucet to get the rest of it out...IS THIS CORRECT? After the water is clear do I need to do anything else to make it drinkable?

Wife's memory/egg crate foam arrived a bit ago...it's airing out...she has already claimed her side.

It towed really well. I do have to use a stool to put the roof up but after doing it a while I can probably do it without it but I take a stool anyway so no big deal.

I am sleeping in it tonight to make sure there are no ghosts in it. I need to see how comfortable the beds are or if I need some foam also.

I know: no pictures it didn't happen. So here are a few...I know you folks have seen the same thing over and over but never my Xena.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0008.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	45275

Name:	IMG_0009.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	45276

Name:	IMG_0014.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	45277

Name:	IMG_0011.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	45278

Name:	IMG_0012.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	45279
Total Nights Camping 2016-(5)
Total Nights Camping 2017-(4)
Total Nights Camping 2018-(7)
mlsa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:50 PM   #2

Congrats on your new purchase. We push ours into the garage also. It actually moves easily considering how long it is. One suggestion that we did- use duct tape and outline where you want the wheels to go. Makes it easier next time you put it away.
K1050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:06 PM   #3

Congrats! And thanks for the pics.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:13 PM   #4
Mostly Harmless

Xena, Warrior Princess Has Arrived

I'm not sure the pump would get all of it out, and a little left in there shouldn't be a problem freeze-wise. It'll expand if it freezes (from your photos it doesn't look like that'll happen soon where you live), but will only make a small hump in the center of the pool inside the tank--it won't break the tank.
If you want it all out to make sure you're not drinking antifreeze, probably the best way is just to add some water to dilute what's there, drain it, leave the valve open and drive it around the block. If that doesn't get out enough to suit you, add and drain again.

If you're wondering whether running the tank dry with the pump would damage the pump, those pumps are supposed to be able to be run dry without harm. I wouldn't leave it pumping air for a long time, but a few seconds after it starts making the empty straw in the glass sound should be fine.

We love our 3-year old A128, but seeing your pleasure in your new one makes us a little envious nonetheless. Have a blast! By the way, tell Xena that Rocky says hi.
2000 Silverado 1500 pickup
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
thehamguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:39 AM   #5

Congratulations! Welcome home Xena! Great homecoming photos! Its a great memory to reflect back on!

2012 FR Flagstaff T12SDTH
1996 Shadowcruiser Pop Up Truck Camper
1967 Newell Motorcoach
2003 Ford F150 5.4 V8 Triton Super Cab
2004 Nissan Titan LE 5.6 V8 4x4 Crew Cab
handbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:30 AM   #6

Congratulations.

Toppers should have taken care of all the anti-freeze for you in the dealer prep. But maybe they decided not to because of the weather coming in this weekend. It won't matter that you've flushed the lines, with the camper in your garage it will not have any freeze risk.

For getting Xena into the garage, I'd suggest looking into a trailer dolly. Currently $60 from Harbor Freight. It is much better than pushing on the body of the trailer or risking the back by stooping to maneuver the tongue.

In case you don't have experience with this, I also suggest that once you get the camper situated in the garage, you mark the floor for the position of the rear chocks. That will make it much easier to hit the same spot every time. Something as simple as strong tape will do if the floor is smooth. My trailer is parked outside, so I painted my chock positions on the rough concrete.

2012 Rockwood A122S
2008 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4X4

Former owner of a 2002 Coleman Niagara GTE
Pooneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 02:55 PM   #7

I've discovered close counts in horse shoes, hand granades, and now campers. Finally got camper all loaded for our first camping trip Monday. Got all the lines flushed. Loaded everything to the back since I've got to try and load two bikes on front of hitch. The weight on the back pretty much offset the weight of the bikes and rack thank goodness.

Weather calls for freezing drizzle tonight so it's time to put Xena away. Really wanted to leave her out but neighborhood committee won't let us leave things in our drive for very long other than our cars and trucks.

Thanks Pooneil for the advertisement on the tow bar...got the last one at Harbor Freight...neighbor came over and we managed to get the camper in the garage....actually backed it in with car being very careful since we only had about 4 inches on each side.....but it went inside...well, except for about 6 inches of the tongue...any farther and we wouldn't be able to open our door going inside the house. So I lowered the tongue almost as low as it would go and then put the garage door almost touching the tongue and then locked it. For now that's where it will live until my boat sells and then it goes in the boat storage. Just can't afford two boat storages. Will use the tow dolly to pull the camper out of the garage before hooking up to TV.
Total Nights Camping 2016-(5)
Total Nights Camping 2017-(4)
Total Nights Camping 2018-(7)
mlsa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:57 PM   #8

Welcome home Xena!! She's a beauty!! (And I love her name!)
2012 Ford Raptor
Camping born-on date: 21 July 2012
Nights camped: 2014-3 (so far!!); 2013-16; 2012-2 nights
FarFromStock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 08:57 PM   #9

Great looking camper. Enjoy!

Nights Camped in 2021-?

2020-8, 2019-27, 2018-12, 2017-29, 2016-33, 2015-22, 2014-22, 2013-20
exploreco is offline   Reply With Quote