Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2019, 11:03 PM   #1

2013 Trilogy

Hi everyone I’m new here. I have been a full-timer for about 14 years. I’m changing gears now as I will only be staying in my rv for work 6-7 months out of the year.

I have been looking at used Trilogy fifth wheels online and noticed several 2013 and 2014 models for sale. I talked to one seller of a 2013 and I think that I can get a good deal on it. I have not looked at it yet and am not in a hurry.

So my question is; what should I be looking at/for when I do go look at it? What are known problems with it? Or should I just stay clear and look for something else.

The biggest positive that I see with the Trilogy is the fiberglass roof. The biggest negative that I see is the weight. Also lack of regular propane tanks and lack of oven.
Smitty403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 09:38 AM   #2

Original owner of a 2013 Trilogy which has been mostly a seasonal since 2014, in one of the most hostile environments for an RV, beach/Atlantic Ocean. IMO, weight = quality. Our issues were mostly early on and under warranty, a bad Lippert leveling jack and leaky window my stairs. You nailed it when you said big advantage is the roof. Take a look at the LP, our 3650 also has a portable bottle in a compartment, front curbside.
lgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 10:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgray View Post
Original owner of a 2013 Trilogy which has been mostly a seasonal since 2014, in one of the most hostile environments for an RV, beach/Atlantic Ocean. IMO, weight = quality. Our issues were mostly early on and under warranty, a bad Lippert leveling jack and leaky window my stairs. You nailed it when you said big advantage is the roof. Take a look at the LP, our 3650 also has a portable bottle in a compartment, front curbside.
Thanks for the response. The unit that I was looking at still has the obsolete axles with the drum breaks. I think that I’m going to take a closer look at airstreams.
Smitty403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 06:28 AM   #4

Airstream’s are really cool and love the retro. For us the downside is their poor insulation (Florida), maintenance and lack of storage. If you really like the Trilogy, check some of the other posts for those who did suspension modification’s early on in their ownership.
lgray is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags