Old 02-20-2014, 02:28 PM   #1

2014 3850RL Water Filter & RO System

We are determined to stop buying bottled water. This requires a good filter system to be installed with reverse osmosis and a UV light. I decided to go with the iSpring 7 stage system with the UV light. Maybe overkill but worth it to me since we will drink the water.

I installed it in the basement, against the angled wall covering the sewer pipe. Then I placed the reservoir tank between that wall and the water manifold panel outcropping. Holds in in place very well. Just didn't want to have all of this stuff up in the kitchen under the sink or next to the fridge in the cabinet under the stovetop.

You can also see a permeate pump mounted to the left of the filters. This helps push the water through the system and lowers the amount of waste water.

I am presently only filtering the water going to the refrigerator for ice and drinking water. I did not set this up as a whole-house system. I tapped into the water by disconnecting the output at the manifold, connected the manifold to the input of the filter, then attached the output of the UV light system to the line that feeds the refrigerator (used to be the output line connected to the water manifold).

So far the water tastes great. Plan on making our first batch of ice probably this weekend.

John
S/N 409
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0371.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	46505  

2014 Dynamax Trilogy 3850RL - South Hampton Interior, Full Body Paint (Black / Silver / White), MOR/ryde Independent Suspension, MOR/ryde Disc Brakes, ONAN 5500 Generator, Progressive Industries HW50C w/Dual Display, Winegard HD Dish w/DirecTV, Washer & Dryer, iSprings 7-stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter, Trail-Air Flex Air Pin Box, Third AC installed, AC Voltage/Amp Meters, DC Amp Meter, Garnett See Level Tank Sensors, TST 507 TPMS
Retired USAF - Full Timers!
John Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 02:38 PM   #2
Fulltime family RVer

Very cool. Other than not wanting to filter the whole house water system- is there any technical reason that you're not? I don't have water/ice in my fridge, just at my faucets. It'd be nice to filter that better.

BUT- I also like the idea of the reservoir for the fresh water tank so that the pump runs less often like Herk did.

Old 02-20-2014, 02:53 PM   #3

Since the water lines for the Trilogy are 1/2" and the water filter system are 1/4" I didn't think it was a good idea. Loss of volume was a compromise I didn't want to encounter.

I have thought about pushing ALL of the cold water through a few stages of the filter and then putting it on the manifold for distribution. This would restrict the volume of cold but no impact to the hot. I'd split the cold out via a T fitting after the big filters, sending it back to the manifold from one side and to the remaining filters/UV from the other side of the T. It'd be easy to make the change.

John
S/N 409
2014 Dynamax Trilogy 3850RL - South Hampton Interior, Full Body Paint (Black / Silver / White), MOR/ryde Independent Suspension, MOR/ryde Disc Brakes, ONAN 5500 Generator, Progressive Industries HW50C w/Dual Display, Winegard HD Dish w/DirecTV, Washer & Dryer, iSprings 7-stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter, Trail-Air Flex Air Pin Box, Third AC installed, AC Voltage/Amp Meters, DC Amp Meter, Garnett See Level Tank Sensors, TST 507 TPMS
Retired USAF - Full Timers!
John Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 03:32 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Very cool. Other than not wanting to filter the whole house water system- is there any technical reason that you're not? I don't have water/ice in my fridge, just at my faucets. It'd be nice to filter that better.

BUT- I also like the idea of the reservoir for the fresh water tank so that the pump runs less often like Herk did.
The big reason to not run the system thru the O/S is very slow flow rate & cost of O/S filters$$. Youroo!!
Old 02-20-2014, 04:51 PM   #5
Fulltime family RVer

Thanks guys. Makes sense.

Tags
water, water filter