Old 05-04-2015, 09:18 AM   #1

2015 Trilogy 36RL

New to the site and to FR. We're trying to purchase a Trilogy 36 RL. From what I've been able to learn it seems like most are happy with their Trilogy. The one thing I've seen that is a bit of concern is a few people have said the Trilogy is not insulated very well. One person even said the front cap is not insulated at all. What are your opinions on this or have any of you taken a factory tour and seen first hand what is done?

Old 05-04-2015, 11:58 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper7 View Post
New to the site and to FR. We're trying to purchase a Trilogy 36 RL. From what I've been able to learn it seems like most are happy with their Trilogy. The one thing I've seen that is a bit of concern is a few people have said the Trilogy is not insulated very well. One person even said the front cap is not insulated at all. What are your opinions on this or have any of you taken a factory tour and seen first hand what is done?

Welcome.

There are posts claiming that some of the early models did not have any, but that issue was resolved. Probably a factory question regarding your specific model.
Even if there is insulation in the cap, there isn’t much room. My cap gets full Florida sun, most of the day, so I expected cooling issues. This weekend I plan on adding Reflectix to the closet walls and doors. In addition, plan to use it to cover bathroom skylight, fan caps, vent at bottom of stair and ceiling of storage areas below.

Old 05-04-2015, 12:40 PM   #3

Welcome to the Forums from Huntsville, AL -- your Trilogy model is a very nice rig!
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 03:07 PM   #4

Thanks for the replies. We put down our deposit and everything has been approved. Looks like we'll be owners of a new Trilogy.
Old 05-04-2015, 03:27 PM   #5

Congratulations, hope you enjoy yours as much as we do ours.
mcnabbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 06:08 PM   #6

Don't worry about the insulation, they all heat up in the front closet - just keep the door closed. As a matter of fact it is quiet possible that there is no insulation right behind the 'shoe rack' due to the lack of space. IMO a window awning over the rear window and over the window leading upstairs could be a big improvement. We had an additional roof vent with thermostat controlled fan installed at the factory to prevent heat buildup in the bedroom which helps tremendously - way better than running the AC all the time.
Congratulations to the Trilogy, you're going to looove it.

Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote