Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2014, 12:20 AM   #21

I am in the process of picking up a new 14 3850rl in silver. Am very excited but not as much as the Mrs. Pulling with a F350 and this is our first 5er. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-29-2014, 04:20 AM   #22

congrats piaggio please let us know all about your new rv. that is the same model we are looking for now.
GaryanJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 06:01 AM   #23

Take it slow and easy practice a lot. I tow with a Kenilworth because I want the comfort and stopping ability.
Priusron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:11 AM   #24

Congratulations! We have the same model but in saddle. The only thing more exciting than the anticipation is actually getting your hands on it. We love ours. We've had a few minor issues but nothing we couldn't take care of ourselves. The hunt for the valve on the large propane tank was a challenge. The propane delivery guy finally found the thumb screw and we're good to go. The other thing was the anode in the water heater wasn't installed properly causing what we thought was a major leak. Troubleshooting and this forum took care of that. Happy camping and welcome.
sroarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:50 PM   #25

Re the changes for 2015. I am wondering if the straight sides on the 2015 models improve the guttering. I have noticed that the condensation runoff from the AC units trickles down the side walls of my 36RE. I imagine that rain water will do the same.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forest River Forums mobile app
gauchoverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:04 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiaggioMP3 View Post
I am in the process of picking up a new 14 3850rl in silver. Am very excited but not as much as the Mrs. Pulling with a F350 and this is our first 5er. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks
I went to RVDrivingSchool.com. 8 hours of actual road training. My husband was offered to ride along and he learned a lot as well even though he has been driving rigs for 7 years. I'm comfortable driving our truck and rig now. Best investment I've ever made!

Sherry
WestWardHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:49 PM   #27
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestWardHo View Post
I went to RVDrivingSchool.com. 8 hours of actual road training. My husband was offered to ride along and he learned a lot as well even though he has been driving rigs for 7 years. I'm comfortable driving our truck and rig now. Best investment I've ever made!

Sherry

I wish they were closer to me!
Old 09-02-2015, 05:45 PM   #28

Ours is brown and we having no problem with it having the high ceilings I guess helps !
It was one of the first ones and we like no strips!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
camperone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 07:39 AM   #29

We looked at new 2014's and 2015's along with Redwoods and Mobile Suites. I really wanted the reputation of the Mobile Suites but couldn't find a floor plan we liked. Looking at the Redwoods versus the Trilogy had us liking the Trilogy much better and it was the 2015 that had the floor plan we liked.

We have a BriteTEK roof with a 12 yr warranty that only requires regular washing and we had the same roof on our Newmar Mountain Aire motor home and were very pleased with it.

We've been in the Trilogy now for about six months and absolutely love it. We've been in cold and hot weather and the insulation seems comparable to the Mountain Aire. We did get the black color that nearly everyone does a double take on and with the third AC the 43 foot fiver is very comfortable in 90 degree weather. Our Trilogy may not be up to the standards of some but we are very happy with our decision. Unfortunately it seems as if the few 2014's and 2015's left are the last that will be built. We're very happy to have grabbed one.
StoneyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 08:29 AM   #30

I second StoneyG on the BrighTek roof. That is what our 2014 37BH has and we stay in a park where there are pine needles constantly falling on our roof. Our neighbors have a different kind of roof and getting the needle residue off ended up costing them $500 to have someone come spend hours working on it. I just get on the roof with some warm soapy car wash and a medium stiffness push brush and it comes right off. I would never want one of those super rubbery roofs like I see most of the fifth wheel and travel trailer RVs seem to have.
Old 09-12-2015, 08:07 PM   #31

My wife and I compared 4 units on our dealers lot. 2 DRV Mobile Suites, a DRV Traditions, and the 2015 Trilogy 38RL that we purchased. The Floor plan on the Trilogy won Hands Down over the other 3, and the Covering and design of the furniture in the Trilogy won us over what was inside the DRV units. Mine is the saddle brown color with the stripes in it. The Shaw carpeting with upgraded pad feels very nice under foot in this unit!
Old 09-12-2015, 08:11 PM   #32

Congratulations, enjoy your new Trilogy.
mcnabbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 09:37 PM   #33

They are keeping it quiet, but DRV was purchased earlier this year by Thor. Big changes likely coming for 2016’s and beyond…time will tell. Too bad, when independent and family owned, they really did make a heavy but high quality fiver.
lgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 09:57 PM   #34

I think the buyout of companies like Dynamax and DRV just go to show that quality simply isn't in enough demand these days to sustain a business. The buyout of traditionally quality brands has been happening in almost every market sector for 60 years now. People in the age of cheap Chinese junk simply aren't willing to pay for quality. Wal-mart proved that long ago. It's quantity over quality and looks over durability. It doesn't help that in all fairness Chinese components keep getting better. The same is happening in every market sector--not just RVs. Behemoths like Forest River are simply able to deliver mass production on a far more cost effective scale because of their purchasing power. It's unfortunate but it is the way of our world and the result of our economic model of society. As someone else said, I'm just thankful every day I bought my trilogy when I did because I go look at RVs all the time and I can't find ANYTHING even close no matter what the price.
Old 09-15-2015, 06:39 AM   #35

Before we bought our 2015 Trilogy, we looked at several brands including DRV. I kept seeing issues in the Mobile Suites and Traditions we were looking at. I look at the SOITC forum every now and then and there is a thread about the lack of quality they seem to have over the last couple of years. IMO, I think DRV may have been having some financial problems and that's why they sold out to Thor as well as some of the quality issues they were having.
Thumper7 is offline   Reply With Quote