Old 09-12-2015, 08:07 PM   #31
My wife and I compared 4 units on our dealers lot. 2 DRV Mobile Suites, a DRV Traditions, and the 2015 Trilogy 38RL that we purchased. The Floor plan on the Trilogy won Hands Down over the other 3, and the Covering and design of the furniture in the Trilogy won us over what was inside the DRV units. Mine is the saddle brown color with the stripes in it. The Shaw carpeting with upgraded pad feels very nice under foot in this unit!

2015 Dynamax Trilogy 38RL, 2014 Ram 3500 DRW Maxtow package.
Kevinc2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 08:11 PM   #32
Congratulations, enjoy your new Trilogy.

Bill & Pam
2014 Trilogy 3650RE
2015 F350 PSD
mcnabbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 09:37 PM   #33
They are keeping it quiet, but DRV was purchased earlier this year by Thor. Big changes likely coming for 2016’s and beyond…time will tell. Too bad, when independent and family owned, they really did make a heavy but high quality fiver.
lgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 09:57 PM   #34
I think the buyout of companies like Dynamax and DRV just go to show that quality simply isn't in enough demand these days to sustain a business. The buyout of traditionally quality brands has been happening in almost every market sector for 60 years now. People in the age of cheap Chinese junk simply aren't willing to pay for quality. Wal-mart proved that long ago. It's quantity over quality and looks over durability. It doesn't help that in all fairness Chinese components keep getting better. The same is happening in every market sector--not just RVs. Behemoths like Forest River are simply able to deliver mass production on a far more cost effective scale because of their purchasing power. It's unfortunate but it is the way of our world and the result of our economic model of society. As someone else said, I'm just thankful every day I bought my trilogy when I did because I go look at RVs all the time and I can't find ANYTHING even close no matter what the price.
2014 Dynamax Trilogy 37BH
2015 Ram 3500 DRW
kwoodrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 06:39 AM   #35
Before we bought our 2015 Trilogy, we looked at several brands including DRV. I kept seeing issues in the Mobile Suites and Traditions we were looking at. I look at the SOITC forum every now and then and there is a thread about the lack of quality they seem to have over the last couple of years. IMO, I think DRV may have been having some financial problems and that's why they sold out to Thor as well as some of the quality issues they were having.

Thumper7 is offline   Reply With Quote