Old 03-18-2014, 07:02 PM   #1

Bad News on Trilogy Lines Confirmed

In follow up to my posts on 3850 or 3650 thread:
From what I could get from the brochure and e-mails is that the rounded “Class C” style walls are gone. The new units, 2015, will have the big box/wide body design. Also gone is the composite/fiberglass roof, replaced by TPO/Rubber. No more full body paint as standard on the Trilogy. I could not tell what they did with the roof line.
Those are just some of the major structural changes, I am sure the interior has also been downgraded.
When shopping, we looked at the Redwood and Mobile Suites. By the time you optioned either one of them up to what the Trilogy came with as standard, you were between $126,000 and $180,000 respectively. Rounded walls, raised ceiling and in one case composite roof was not even an option.
Hopefully they will not become just another Cardinal, Blue Ridge, Columbus, etc., with no real differentiating qualities between them and all the same options.

Today I received confirmation on just some of those changes from a dealer:

Hello Larry, Below is a list of changes from the manufacturer for 2015. So, as you can see they made the coach less expensive. They got rid of the Fiberglass Roof, they got rid of the Dual Pane Windows (they were standard they are now optional, and they are now going to be a flat side wall construction just like everyone else out there!

Exterior Changes:
1)Wide-Body Construction – 96” Interior Wall to Wall
2)5” Roof with Whisper Quiet – Dual 15K A/C’s, Pre-Wired for Heat Pumps
3)TPO Roofing Material with 12 Year Manufacturer Warranty
4)3rd A/C Pre Wired for Additional Unit (Includes Pre-Wire for Heat Pump)
5)Frameless Single Pane Windows - Dual Pane Optional
6)Flat Sidewall Construction
7)Redesigned Rear Cap – Includes Back Up Lights
8)30#LP Bottles Standard – 40#LP Bottles Optional
9)Mor/Ryde Suspension & Pin Box – LRE 4000 & 21K RBP Pin Box
10) Basement Storage Batteries – Designed to Accommodate up to 4 to 6 Batteries per Unit
Interior Changes:
1) French Door Refrigerator
2) Dishwasher Prep – Per Floor Plan
3) Redesigned Washer/Dryer Location – Per Floor Plan
4) 1800 Watt Inverter – Living Room TV Added to Circuit for Viewing off of 12 Volt
5) Hollow Core Passage Doors – Weight Saver
Warranty Changes:
1) 2 Year Limited Warranty
2) 5 Year Structural Warranty
*Specific Details to Follow

Old 03-18-2014, 07:11 PM   #2
Mod free 5er

Bottom line, they have to build what will sell to the majority of the customers dictate. Evidently the past models didn't sell that well.

We had 2 Pontiacs we really liked, but evidently the majority didn't and as a result there are no more Pontiacs being built, same thing happens in the rv industry.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:17 PM   #3

pre wired for heat pumps, as in heat pump not included. What is French Door refrigerator? I have issues with my 3850RL but I would not trade it for a newer unit.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:50 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priusron View Post
pre wired for heat pumps, as in heat pump not included. What is French Door refrigerator? I have issues with my 3850RL but I would not trade it for a newer unit.

Basically, the “Class C motor coach” technology that Forest River bought in the purchase from Dynamax…rounded aerodynamic walls, flat raised ceilings, fiberglass roof, in-frame propane tank, etc., is lost…at least for now. The Trilogy line fifth wheels came standard with features not found even on a Mobile Suite. In order to get the fiberglass roof, full body paint, etc. as standard you would have to go to the Elite Suites fifth wheel starting at around $185,000. Trilogy MSRP $102,000 to $108,000.
The new residential refrigerator, is freezer on bottom…no big deal…lipstick on the pig to try and compensate for what they are really doing. The structural integrity of the trailer has changed significantly, roof, walls etc., what really set the Trilogy and Trilogy Touring apart, are gone. Some of the standard Trilogy features like heat pumps, dual pane windows, etc. are still available, but they will be options, at a significant cost. Essentially you are optioning up the same box that Cardinal, Columbus, Blue Ridge and others are using…same old same old, which is fine, but not the quality you would want in a “Full Timer” rig.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:09 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priusron View Post
french door frig is two doors on top and freezer door on bottom. what issues are you having with your 3850 ? that is the model we are hoping to get.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:34 AM   #6

Shower skylight cracked on exterior - common problem. replaced under warranty
Dining slide creeping out - valve body replaced
Closet door coming apart - replaced
Rear fan running slow - replaced. Turned out to be a 3 speed switch that nobody new about. Look at your switched.
Tank flush not connected - fixed at dealer
Brake backing plate bore into 4 pieces - I performed repair and was reimbursed
Fresh water tank dropped - I repaired. Look in this forum for my fix with pictures
Water pump not pumping - replaced under warranty
Water getting into trailer over dining table in wet weather - additional seal added

I have a few other small items that I will present at the rally in August.

Dynamax has very good about taking care of their produces. They know I do not want to take it to the dealer anymore as I am living in my unit so they are sending me the required materials and I am doing my own repairs.

There is no insulation under the floor. I added insulation. I have posted that on this forum as well.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:20 PM   #7

2015 Trilogy 38FL on the lot

You can see a 2015 Trilogy 38FL at Tom Johnson Camping - Concord | 2015 Forest River TRILOGY 38FL for sale | Concord, NC

Sticker is on website. Base price $101,982 plus $22,500 in options. Options of note:

Dual pane windows $1,125
Full body paint $8,000
Living comfortable package (?) $11,250

All of which was standard on the 2013 & 2014 Trilogy with an MSRP close to the new 2015 base price.

Fiberglass roof is no longer an option with the new body style, TPO rubber roof only.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgray View Post
You can see a 2015 Trilogy 38FL at Tom Johnson Camping - Concord | 2015 Forest River TRILOGY 38FL for sale | Concord, NC

Sticker is on website. Base price $101,982 plus $22,500 in options. Options of note:

Dual pane windows $1,125
Full body paint $8,000
Living comfortable package (?) $11,250

All of which was standard on the 2013 & 2014 Trilogy with an MSRP close to the new 2015 base price.

Fiberglass roof is no longer an option with the new body style, TPO rubber roof only.

Below are pictures of the 2015 Trilogy 38FL - no curves on side or slides, rubber roof.

Click image for larger version

Name:	38FL front.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	47981

Name:	38FL Rear.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	47982

Name:	38FL Side (2).jpg
Views:	246
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	47983

Name:	38FL side.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	47984
Old 03-19-2014, 06:00 PM   #9
Mod free 5er

Sure wouldn't want to camp in a black anything in the summer. AC would work overtime to cool.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:24 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Sure wouldn't want to camp in a black anything in the summer. AC would work overtime to cool.

I know you are joking, but you hit on an important fact. Look at the earlier post below, #4 exterior changes..."wired for third AC". Probably related to the lack of proper insulation with the new side walls, roofing, etc. My 2013 has a 15k BTU in the rear and a 13K BTU in the front, plenty for the 39 foot rig.