Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2014, 09:20 AM   #1

Bedroom Slideout Problem

Has anyone had a problem getting the bedroom slide to work? If so I would sure appreciate any suggestions. We have a 2014 3850RL that we got last year (I swear that's what they insist it is) which is parked on a seasonal site. Went to put slides out and the two big ones worked perfectly but when we went to put the bedroom one out it won't move. We can hear the motor but it doesn't budge. Any ideas? We checked the fluid level and that's fine.
sroarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:19 AM   #2

I don't really know what model you have, but on my coach the bedroom slides there are 2, and both are electric. The front 2 slides are hydraulic. In my bedroom one has a track, the other has cables (wardrobe). If you can be more specific maybe I can help....but first I would dig out the manuals and or look to see what you actually have so someone can give you ideas on where to look.

Is the battery fully charged and or are you plugged into shore power....could just be low voltage. What does the display show for the current voltage...?

sorry I can't be more help...
gmcnitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 08:57 AM   #3

The bedroom slide is electric. The two big ones are hydraulic. Yes we do have fully charged batteries and yes we are plugged into shore power.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:16 PM   #4

Your bedroom slide is cable operated. The motor is under the bed in the center. Difficult to get to while slide is in. Climb over bed and look under from closet side.
Priusron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:12 PM   #5

Thank you so much for replying. We finally got a mobile mechanic to come out. The cable had snapped. Once he was able to untangle it, he and my hubby pushed the slide out, took out the old motor and installed the new one that had been supplied by FR i.e. Matt S. Mechanic made the proper adjustments and all is right in our world.

Tags
bed, bedroom slide, roo, slide, slide out