Old 04-11-2015, 02:18 PM   #11

Update - all welding done on the spring hanger. The tech was putting it back together and noticed grease on one wheel. Seal was ruptured. Checked the bearings and found them pitted. All the bearings are pitted and are being replaced. I bought this trailer in May 2014, I've towed it 4524 miles. If I add the driving distance from Indiana to the Dallas-Ft. Worth add about another 1500 miles. So within 6000 towing miles a bolt sheared off in the suspension and all wheel bearings need replacement. Craftsmanship and Quality Control at it's finest.

Still love the trailer, well most of it anyway, but what a disappointment from Dynamax.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Old 04-11-2015, 02:41 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by retamaman View Post
Update - all welding done on the spring hanger. The tech was putting it back together and noticed grease on one wheel. Seal was ruptured. Checked the bearings and found them pitted. All the bearings are pitted and are being replaced. I bought this trailer in May 2014, I've towed it 4524 miles. If I add the driving distance from Indiana to the Dallas-Ft. Worth add about another 1500 miles. So within 6000 towing miles a bolt sheared off in the suspension and all wheel bearings need replacement. Craftsmanship and Quality Control at it's finest.

Still love the trailer, well most of it anyway, but what a disappointment from Dynamax.

That is the “Forest River Touch”. Dynamax was synonymous with very best in high-end Class C and was just beginning to get into fifth wheel production, when they were acquired by Forest River. The first year models had the typical new model issues, but were an exceptional value. Year two, FR began to have an influence by lowering the quality of components and costs to manufacture, quality suffered. Year 2.5 to 3, abandoned the rounded style for the cheaper big box, making the just like everyone else’s, but hoped to milk the Dynamax name…didn’t work and ceased production. They are likely doing the same with the remaining Class C line, milk what profit they can from the Dynamax name, before everyone figures out what they have done.

Old 04-11-2015, 03:11 PM   #13
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgray View Post
That is the “Forest River Touch”. Dynamax was synonymous with very best in high-end Class C and was just beginning to get into fifth wheel production, when they were acquired by Forest River. The first year models had the typical new model issues, but were an exceptional value. Year two, FR began to have an influence by lowering the quality of components and costs to manufacture, quality suffered. Year 2.5 to 3, abandoned the rounded style for the cheaper big box, making the just like everyone else’s, but hoped to milk the Dynamax name…didn’t work and ceased production. They are likely doing the same with the remaining Class C line, milk what profit they can from the Dynamax name, before everyone figures out what they have done.
Too bad you have such a low opinion of FR. Don't understand why you don't sell yours and buy SOB! I sure would if I felt that way!
Old 04-11-2015, 08:15 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Too bad you have such a low opinion of FR. Don't understand why you don't sell yours and buy SOB! I sure would if I felt that way!

OldCoot,

You may find this of benefit;
http://smchealth.org/sites/default/f...fact_fiber.pdf
Old 04-11-2015, 08:28 PM   #15
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgray View Post
OldCoot,

You may find this of benefit;
Just stating my opinion of your post.
Old 04-11-2015, 08:51 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Just stating my opinion of your post.

His post is just fine, FR is a volumes based company and stiffing a lot of people with a facade of class and cost and then installs sub-par junk parts and pieces.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 08:59 PM   #17
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
His post is just fine, FR is a volumes based company and stiffing a lot of people with a facade of class and cost and then installs sub-par junk parts and pieces.
Didn't say his post was not fine, just said if I had the same opinion of FR products, I would get rid of it and buy SOB. I don't like FoMoCo products and therefore don't buy them. Had 2 didn't like them so the 2nd one left in 1964!
Old 04-11-2015, 09:21 PM   #18

FR in my opinion does a great job of window dressing. The units look the best at the shows. What is underneath is where the questions arise.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 09:29 PM   #19
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinmaker View Post
FR in my opinion does a great job of window dressing. The units look the best at the shows. What is underneath is where the questions arise.
Well, I guess I am an odd ball, I am perfectly satisfied with my FR product. I got what I paid for and what things I don't like, I change.
Old 04-11-2015, 09:30 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by retamaman View Post
I will try to post photos again. Apparently I am computer challenged. To answer the question re Alco and Lippert. Lippert uses Alco axles, Lippert does the assembly. The spring hanger from the frame is cracked and must be replaced.

Mike

Without Pics you have (Lost Me)? Sheared bolts,welding hangers,replace bearings/seals, where are the Pics? Youroo!!