Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2015, 06:03 PM   #1

Can anybody tell if they have had a stack washer and dryer installed in their trilogy?

Looking for information on putting a stack washer and dryer?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
camperone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 07:10 PM   #2

I forgot to say that our trilogy is 2013 . And was wondering how difficult it would be to put a stack washer and dryer in .

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
camperone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 07:15 PM   #3

We have a stacked washer/dryer in our 2014 3850RL. Had the factory install it when we ordered the Trilogy.

Had the washer serviced once under warranty. The repair guys from Maytag had to carry the dryer out to the living room before they could get the washer out of the closet.

Wish Dynamax would have installed the units facing forward and not sideways...

John
2014 Dynamax Trilogy 3850RL - South Hampton Interior, Full Body Paint (Black / Silver / White), MOR/ryde Independent Suspension, MOR/ryde Disc Brakes, ONAN 5500 Generator, Progressive Industries HW50C w/Dual Display, Winegard HD Dish w/DirecTV, Washer & Dryer, iSprings 7-stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter, Trail-Air Flex Air Pin Box, Third AC installed, AC Voltage/Amp Meters, DC Amp Meter, Garnett See Level Tank Sensors, TST 507 TPMS
Retired USAF - Full Timers!
John Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 07:56 AM   #4

We have one installed in our 37FB. It too fits sideways and impacts our closet storage a bit. We lost 2 feet of closet rod space with the installation. I've compensated by removing the fairly worthless 4 drawer chest that was installed on the opposite side of the closet.

We had it installed by the dealer with no issues getting it in or setup.

So far, no issues. Works as advertised and acts just like the set at home, in regards to cleaning and drying times.

Some notes:

Don't put anything on top. The washer spin cycle will send it to the floor. I unfortunately picked the worst thing to find out that particular issue. Full bottle of liquid laundry detergent. Took me 2 months to get rid of it all. But I have really clean carpet now.

If you use a lot of hanging clothes, you'll fight the w/d to get stuff in and out.

We use the dryer as our dirty clothes hamper.

Once installed, you can't get to the water or drain connections. Make sure they leak check before you drive away.

Our Trilogy is configured for the washer to drain into the Black tank. That was really interesting and fortunately, discovered quickly. Was outside and didn't hear any water draining. Checked the toilet and found water coming up the pipe....yikes!

We love ours today. If any issues start up, we'll update on our love affair.
Old 09-06-2015, 11:49 PM   #5

Make sure you support the clothes rod in the middle of your closet or you will have the roof sagging down. I made a support out of pic pipe with feet on the bottom. No more sag and it doesn't move
Priusron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 05:51 AM   #6

we had the washer dryer combo installed in our 38 wt by the dealership. ours faces to the front. the washer is plumbed into one of the gray tanks but something is wrong cause it leaks out the bottom of the rv really bad so not using the washer just the dryer until we get back to the dealer and have it fixed.
Old 09-15-2015, 05:11 PM   #7

Ours has a stacked washer and dryer and my wife thanks me regularly for them. We recently visited a neighbor camper who had a combo washer/dryer unit and they were saying that it took 3 hours to wash and dry each load--one at a time. With the wife and I and two 13 year olds that would not go over well.

Our last trailer had no washer or dryer. This has made RV life 100x better for us. No more running to wash facilities.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1442354939.188824.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	88807

2014 Dynamax Trilogy 37BH
2015 Ram 3500 DRW
Old 09-16-2015, 01:54 PM   #8

As I mentioned earlier, we love ours. Until today. On our return home from a short 110 mile 3 day trip, the washer and dryer FELL OVER!

The dealership is going to make it right but what I wanted to pass on were some tips that we learned the hard way.

1. Don't assume the hold downs will work. We only had 2 that we could see. We 'assumed' there were others. There were not.

2. Check the wall behind and to the sides of the w/d. We found, after it fell over, that the installers had drilled 2 vent holes.....but only used 1 and didn't cover the other.

3. Ask for tip over braces/hold downs. Verify they are installed.

4. Ask for a drip pan. If it can be installed without influencing the installation of the hold downs.

Will update you on the repairs as they happen. Fortunately, we were bumped up to #1 in line at the service center.

I like that....just don't like the way we got preferential treatment.
Old 09-16-2015, 07:47 PM   #9

Jim,

While the washer is out, have them remove the front panel at the bottom of the washer. Behind it is a filter that gets easily clogged. You'll know it's clogged when the washer won't drain and you have to figure out how to get it off while bolted in position.

We had our washer serviced and had the technician leave the panel off. If you can get yours off when it is installed with a drain pan in place, then no worries.

Look in your manual for the filter access. It should be in the lower right had corner in the front of the machine.

John
2014 Dynamax Trilogy 3850RL - South Hampton Interior, Full Body Paint (Black / Silver / White), MOR/ryde Independent Suspension, MOR/ryde Disc Brakes, ONAN 5500 Generator, Progressive Industries HW50C w/Dual Display, Winegard HD Dish w/DirecTV, Washer & Dryer, iSprings 7-stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter, Trail-Air Flex Air Pin Box, Third AC installed, AC Voltage/Amp Meters, DC Amp Meter, Garnett See Level Tank Sensors, TST 507 TPMS
Retired USAF - Full Timers!
John Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 09:30 PM   #10

Thanks, John. Will do.
Old 11-03-2015, 12:16 PM   #11

Well, we got the rig back today. And I want to give kudos to Colerain RV in Indianapolis.

As mentioned, the stackable unit they installed fell over causing damage to the closet and the washer and dryer.

Colerain made good on the repairs and they put in a BRAND NEW washer/dryer combo. We (or I should say 'she') went with the combo because the new lack of trust in the stackables when configured sideways in a full width closet.

We got our closet rod space back and now have great access to the water fills, exhaust hose and drain hose. So far, very happy.

I didn't have them redirect the drain to a grey tank, so we still have to live with black tank monitoring, but we are now ready for winter and points south.

Will update in the spring about the vented combo.

PS. Combo is bolted to the floor at each corner. Much improved method over previous!

Tags
led