Old 02-16-2014, 09:38 PM   #1

Drawer pulls in island 3850

The drawer handles for the island drawers in our 3850 hit the pantry door when we are traveling. After finding scratches, I now cover the pulls with towels. This is annoying. Our dealer plans to grind them down so they won't touch. The dealer has already done that to the two handles on the pantry doors and they are now not deep enough to get hold of to open the doors.

Can you help with a different solution? Has anyone else with the island had this problem?

JD

"The Henley Condo"
freebirds2831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:20 PM   #2

How about buying a piece of 1/2 pipe insulation, cut pieces long enough to just slip over the handles.

Old 02-18-2014, 04:34 PM   #3

Thanks. That's a consideration. I'm tired of draping kitchen towels over them.

JD
"The Henley Condo"
Old 02-21-2014, 10:50 AM   #4

I did a video of how I took care of that drawer and a few other issues we found maybe it will help you out
Defiant530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:37 PM   #5

Thanks for the suggestion. I watched your video (again - I had watched it previously). The problem you had was not the same as ours. Even though we have the 3850 and yours is the 3650, almost everything is the same. The island butts up against the drawers in both. Our pantry handles pushed up against the island (in transit) and had actually made a slight indent where they push. The island drawer handles push against the pantry doors and while traveling rub back and forth damaging the wood. The towels prevent damage. I don't understand how yours can come open when they are pushed against the island. We don't have any problems with the drawers under the stovetop. You seem like quite a handyman so if you have any solution, we're open. I think our best bet is just to buy the hang-down type handles and that will solve it. The dealership is going to grind them down but then the screws won't go in very far.

Thanks for your video. When we first watched it, I learned a lot about our Trilogy.

BTW, does your sofa have the blow up mattress with the springs that stays on the bed. I want Dynamax to replace our sofa. I have written before of how it is 3" shorter at the foot than at the head but I really like our built in mattress. It is most uncomfortable for adults to sleep uphilll.

JD
"The Henley Condo"
Old 02-21-2014, 08:48 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirds2831 View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. I watched your video (again - I had watched it previously). The problem you had was not the same as ours. Even though we have the 3850 and yours is the 3650, almost everything is the same. The island butts up against the drawers in both. Our pantry handles pushed up against the island (in transit) and had actually made a slight indent where they push. The island drawer handles push against the pantry doors and while traveling rub back and forth damaging the wood. The towels prevent damage. I don't understand how yours can come open when they are pushed against the island. We don't have any problems with the drawers under the stovetop. You seem like quite a handyman so if you have any solution, we're open. I think our best bet is just to buy the hang-down type handles and that will solve it. The dealership is going to grind them down but then the screws won't go in very far.

Thanks for your video. When we first watched it, I learned a lot about our Trilogy.

BTW, does your sofa have the blow up mattress with the springs that stays on the bed. I want Dynamax to replace our sofa. I have written before of how it is 3" shorter at the foot than at the head but I really like our built in mattress. It is most uncomfortable for adults to sleep uphilll.

JD
freebirds the handles on our drawers do not touch the island with the slide all the way in ,hence my solution for them . I think I understand what you are saying now , I just don't see what the options would be other than to find a handle that might give you a little more clearance, you don't seem to have the space between like ours does

Yes we do have the blow up mattress but we have only had it open once so far and I did not notice if one end was lower than the other, unfortunately sofa beds are not exactly the the perfect solution, but now I am going to have to check mine out and see ....
Old 02-21-2014, 10:07 PM   #7

Your sofa is the wide one. That is why I was asking about it. There is plenty room to put the same sofa you have in (we moved our sofa to the end and our recliners to the side just like the 3650 is set up). I doubt the wider sofa goes downhill. I asked our dealer to do something about it and was told they have others that are just like ours. This is a dealer that is usually very helpful with any problem we have. That was an unacceptable answer to me so I am going to pursue replacing it with the 80" sofa you and others have.

JD
"The Henley Condo"
Old 02-22-2014, 02:18 PM   #8

We have only seen one mark on our Pantry but have only taken the camper on the road twice. We are full time but I am still working. I retire 31 May and we'll hit the road and not look back!

We'll look for a solution as well.

John
S/N 409
2014 Dynamax Trilogy 3850RL - South Hampton Interior, Full Body Paint (Black / Silver / White), MOR/ryde Independent Suspension, MOR/ryde Disc Brakes, ONAN 5500 Generator, Progressive Industries HW50C w/Dual Display, Winegard HD Dish w/DirecTV, Washer & Dryer, iSprings 7-stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter, Trail-Air Flex Air Pin Box, Third AC installed, AC Voltage/Amp Meters, DC Amp Meter, Garnett See Level Tank Sensors, TST 507 TPMS
Retired USAF - Full Timers!
John Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 06:51 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hagen View Post
We have only seen one mark on our Pantry but have only taken the camper on the road twice. We are full time but I am still working. I retire 31 May and we'll hit the road and not look back!

We'll look for a solution as well.

John
S/N 409
John, hopefully a solution can be found , nothing more annoying than scratching or dinging up the wood work, must be some of these engineers must think every road is smooth as glass .......... we also plan on going full time this year as soon as our house sells ,it goes on the market march 1st ,we are only in our early 50s we aren't ready to retire but just a change of lifestyle we will still be working to some extent be it work camping or telecommuting but we are so very excited to start our journey!