Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2012, 08:47 AM   #1

Easy Winterization System

Can someone explain Trilogy's Easy Winterization System? We have had the unit for a couple of months now and love it. However it is time to get it ready for Winter. My wife and son-in-law picked the unit up because I was out of town. I keep reading that the unit has an easy winterization system but I am not really sure what that means. Any help would be appreciated.
Doogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:24 AM   #2

Hi Doogie, I'm not really sure about the Winterization thing. I used my normal air blow method, with no big difficulty. I do miss not having a water heater by pass valve like I had on the Big Horn. The Trilogy has a valve, but you have to remove part of the wall in the basement. Not real handy.
rambler5860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:21 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambler5860 View Post
Hi Doogie, I'm not really sure about the Winterization thing. I used my normal air blow method, with no big difficulty. I do miss not having a water heater by pass valve like I had on the Big Horn. The Trilogy has a valve, but you have to remove part of the wall in the basement. Not real handy.
Thank you for the information. Did you keep the center valve behind the hot water heater open and then close the top and bottom (the hot and cold). Our Alpenlite had the bypass valve as well and made it much easier to winterization. Everything else with the Trilogy seems to be going well. We have had the globes fall off of the fixture in the bathroom twice while traveling. We are thinking of changing out the light fixtures.
Thanks again.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:49 PM   #4

I kept everything open as normal and filled hot water tank with air after I completly drained it. I was also amazed how much water was in the refridg door water line. I just kept filling a glass until air started blowing out. Had almost 3 full glasses of water.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:56 PM   #5

We had the same thing with the light fixtures in the bathroom and over sink in bedroom. This was actually found when we took delivery. Everything has been good since then. The only real issue that we have had is the July heat last summer and not being able to get it cooled down. I actually just bought a remote thermometer gun and plan to check the insulation value of the walls. You'll have to let Me know of any issues you might have. It's nice having someone to talk with. Where are you located? Thanks
Old 12-05-2012, 06:15 PM   #6

Quote:
We had the same thing with the light fixtures in the bathroom and over sink in bedroom. This was actually found when we took delivery. Everything has been good since then. The only real issue that we have had is the July heat last summer and not being able to get it cooled down. I actually just bought a remote thermometer gun and plan to check the insulation value of the walls. You'll have to let Me know of any issues you might have. It's nice having someone to talk with. Where are you located? Thanks
We are from Indiana. It is great to hear some other Trilogy owners experiences and issues. Thanks for your input to some of our issues even though they are all minor it is nice to get different perspectives. Let me know how your insulation values turn out ( I may not want to really know ) thanks again
Old 12-05-2012, 06:26 PM   #7

We are located in Greensburg Indiana. We moved here in 2008 to start the Honda Plant. Did you buy your Trilogy from Holmans, by chance?
Old 12-05-2012, 06:52 PM   #8

Quote:
We are located in Greensburg Indiana. We moved here in 2008 to start the Honda Plant. Did you buy your Trilogy from Holmans, by chance?
We are from Brazil, IN close to Terre Haute. We looked at Holman's but purchased from Terry Town in MI. Feel free to email me at jmkshauser@aol.com and we can compare notes on the Trilogy. I am getting ready to take ours to Colerain in Beech Grove to do some minor warranty repairs.