Old 08-22-2015, 06:55 PM   #11

I have battled these steps from new. The recall was just performed and did not help. I also posted to Marcus on RV.net as it was purchased from a Camping World dealership. They replied last night that they were contacting Forest River for me. Let's see what happens!

Old 08-24-2015, 08:58 PM   #12

Was called by Matt Swihart @ Forest River customer assistance today as a followup from my phone call on 8/20/2015. Was told that the steps were a Lippert problem, and not his problem. I did not buy a Lippert Camper, This is a product of Forest River Rv inc, but they are not interested in helping me get the entry steps Repaired/Replaced.

I am looking for the contact information of someone who cares at Forest River, because I have a Voice Mail that they need to review on my home telephone! I will gladly forward it to them for review. This was not given to me on a live conversation, but recorded on a voicemail system where it can be reviewed by anyone else. I really believe that they just do not care to take care of customers that drop nearly 100K on their products! Sorry for the rant, and please do not sanction me for blowing off steam after listening to their recorded reply. Thank you.

Old 08-24-2015, 09:51 PM   #13

I can understand the frustration. Been there done that on a few issues. I am learning more patience (the hard way of course) and have found it easier to do it myself when patience runs out.

The issue I had with my entry steps was resolved within an hour buy going to local hardware store, using a drill, screwdriver, screw, washer, locknut. Done.

Just my approach as I continue to mature at 63+

John
2014 Dynamax Trilogy 3850RL - South Hampton Interior, Full Body Paint (Black / Silver / White), MOR/ryde Independent Suspension, MOR/ryde Disc Brakes, ONAN 5500 Generator, Progressive Industries HW50C w/Dual Display, Winegard HD Dish w/DirecTV, Washer & Dryer, iSprings 7-stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter, Trail-Air Flex Air Pin Box, Third AC installed, AC Voltage/Amp Meters, DC Amp Meter, Garnett See Level Tank Sensors, TST 507 TPMS
Retired USAF - Full Timers!
John Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 10:07 PM   #14

I found a number for a Jason at FR on a FR site if your not happy with who you have had contact with at FR call this number. Did get some results from him
Old 10-09-2015, 01:46 PM   #15

I was able to get the entire step pack changed out with a replacement step unit from Lippert. The new ones move some, but they do not POP when you hit that bottom step like the original set did. The wife is happy with the replacements. We are enjoying the Trilogy this week, but Tomorrow is go home day��

Tags
recall