Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2014, 12:30 AM   #1

Fan-tastic Fan Covers

I just found covers for the Fan-tastic fans. These are the ones that go over the roof vents so you can have the vents open in the rain. Also provide some protection during Oklahoma weather (rain always seems to come with hail). They are very easy to install.

All you have to do is remove 4 screws, install brackets by using the same screws you just removed and their holes. Clip the lid to the bracket and you are done. About a 10-15 minute job and no drilling required.

A little pricey, but sure beats drilling more holes into the roof.

Amazon has them at: Fan-Tastic Vent U1500BL Black Ultra Breeze Vent Cover

John
2014 Dynamax Trilogy 3850RL - South Hampton Interior, Full Body Paint (Black / Silver / White), MOR/ryde Independent Suspension, MOR/ryde Disc Brakes, ONAN 5500 Generator, Progressive Industries HW50C w/Dual Display, Winegard HD Dish w/DirecTV, Washer & Dryer, iSprings 7-stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter, Trail-Air Flex Air Pin Box, Third AC installed, AC Voltage/Amp Meters, DC Amp Meter, Garnett See Level Tank Sensors, TST 507 TPMS
Retired USAF - Full Timers!
John Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 09:28 AM   #2
WFD

The MaxAir 11's work just as well, for less money. Just as easy to install and there are numerous, numerous posts on here about it if you search the Max Air's. Also youtube videos on the installation...and yes they are great to keep your OK hail from damaging the flip up vent cover, plus the vents can be kept open even in the rain and it won't come, unless the wind is so bad that it is sideways...apparently that can happen in OK too!
Old 10-21-2014, 10:15 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFD View Post
The MaxAir 11's
Here's an interesting video.. I think the Maxair II is at 1:10 minutes in..

Ultra Breeze Vent Cover from Fan-Tastic Vent - YouTube

2011 Toyota Tundra Crewmax
2014 Rockwood Freedom 2318g
Proud Father, Eagle Scout, EMT and Combat Veteran
nps_emt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 05:46 PM   #4

Yep, just like the ones I installed. He can do it in under 2 minutes because he is not cutting away the sealant before mounting the covers and then resealing them.

John
2014 Dynamax Trilogy 3850RL - South Hampton Interior, Full Body Paint (Black / Silver / White), MOR/ryde Independent Suspension, MOR/ryde Disc Brakes, ONAN 5500 Generator, Progressive Industries HW50C w/Dual Display, Winegard HD Dish w/DirecTV, Washer & Dryer, iSprings 7-stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter, Trail-Air Flex Air Pin Box, Third AC installed, AC Voltage/Amp Meters, DC Amp Meter, Garnett See Level Tank Sensors, TST 507 TPMS
Retired USAF - Full Timers!
John Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 06:54 PM   #5
Dazed & Confused

On a recent trip we went through three thunderstorms and had to close our Fantastic fan lid as rain was blowing in even with the Fantastic cover. Otherwise I like the cover for normal rain and for fan use they are advertised has having the best airflow. For general use on non-fan vents, Maxxair and Camco also make nice looking units. BTW I have never seen a cover that requires drilling into the roof. Maxxair and Camco use a bracket which is attached by drilling a hole into the metal frame of the vent, but these holes are up high and will not cause a leak. They also do not require digging through the lap seal to access four screws. MHO
M&K Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 11:19 AM   #6

We just bought 3 of the Maxx Air II but have not installed them yet. We will be doing that soon!
brandonzinni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 12:30 PM   #7
Canadian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nps_emt View Post
Here's an interesting video.. I think the Maxair II is at 1:10 minutes in..

Ultra Breeze Vent Cover from Fan-Tastic Vent - YouTube
I saw the same video. The Maxxair IIs will work better than a basic vent cover but not as well as the Ultra Breeze cover that the OP bought and not as well as Maxxair's Fan/Mate model that they don't show in the video.
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2015 - 2018)
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 08:57 PM   #8
WFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by itat View Post
I saw the same video. The Maxxair IIs will work better than a basic vent cover but not as well as the Ultra Breeze cover that the OP bought and not as well as Maxxair's Fan/Mate model that they don't show in the video.
We have both the FanTastic Ultra Breeze that the OP mentions as well as the Maxxair 11's...both work equally as well....can't notice any difference between the two as far as air movement and they are both on the same model FanTastic Fan. The Maxxair are easier to install with no drilling into the roof and re-caulking required.
Old 06-13-2015, 06:46 AM   #9

I have 2 ultra breeze covers and 2 double dome fan vent lids sitting in the garage just waiting for me to install them.
Thumper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 07:21 AM   #10

Quote:
The MaxAir 11's work just as well, for less money. Just as easy to install and there are numerous, numerous posts on here about it if you search the Max Air's. Also youtube videos on the installation...and yes they are great to keep your OK hail from damaging the flip up vent cover, plus the vents can be kept open even in the rain and it won't come, unless the wind is so bad that it is sideways...apparently that can happen in OK too!
Put me in this corner, MaxAir II! Youroo!!! I am really surprised that it took SOME divisions of F/R so long to offer Vent Covers as a Option??
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 07:22 AM   #11
Canadian Member

Quote:
We have both the FanTastic Ultra Breeze that the OP mentions as well as the Maxxair 11's...both work equally as well....can't notice any difference between the two as far as air movement and they are both on the same model FanTastic Fan. The Maxxair are easier to install with no drilling into the roof and re-caulking required.
I don't think they faked anything in that video but they would have performed that test with the fan set at its highest speed. So, based on the video, I don't agree that the Maxxair IIs work as well as the Ultra Breeze cover with the fan set at high speed when you're try to achieve the most air flow. But, on a slower fan speed setting they probably would work as well as the Ultra Breeze.
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2015 - 2018)
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, fan