Old 07-04-2013, 09:39 PM   #31

Thanks for the info Defiant- think I'd pop for the washer and just line-dry. It should be dry enough in AZ! On the other subject- she LOVES surprises! Muhwahwahaha!

Lovely Wife and Son, two terriers, and Ringo the cat!
Masondood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:43 PM   #32

FINALLY ! Leaving tomorrow morning for Ohio to pickup our new Trilogy on Monday ! We are making a 2 day trip out of it heading out there , just going to enjoy the ride !

Defiant530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:59 AM   #33

Enjoy! I'm jealous!
Old 07-22-2013, 07:44 PM   #34

SHE'S HOME !!! We arrived back home on Friday evening After leaving Cincinnati's sweltering heat and humidity and hitting heat and humidity here in upstate NY....oh heck I'm just glad its not snow !
Now the skinny..... well I towed and didn't wreck it or run anyone over so that's a big plus !
Now as far as issues.... Nothing major and a few minor #1 Drawers under the stove need more stout latches when loaded, I added 2 more to each drawer.
#2 2 of the pipes under the sink were too short in my opinion to ensure a tight seal after the rolling earthquake of going down the road , added a 4" extension to each one.....nice and snug now .....and I'm now happy.
#3 The filter in the fridge was defective, leaked from the seam, returned to dealer to swap out and they didn't have one in stock , they sent someone to Lowe's to purchase a replacement and we actually got the better version....cudo's to our dealer !!
As far as interior fit and finish ...Excellent , the recliners didn't wow us (we really didn't expect them to) and we will eventually swap them out . Washer and dryer worked well and the install was very good.
Exterior was excellent also Paint was top notch in my opinion , we did have an issue with the generator during PDI ,the service guy swapped out the defective part and problem solved. Checked out the Battery bay ,nice and neat wiring and even talked them into giving us the 27 series batteries in place of the 24 series.
We spent 5 nights in her ,the 1st day we picked her up and by the time we arrived back at the campground it was 92 inside and it took awhile to get her cool with both airs running but after getting it cooled to 74 deg. it held pretty well til mid afternoon it hit 79 inside which isn't too bad considering it was 95 deg. outside with high humidity and full sun all day long.
So overall we are happy with our purchase ,we probably won't get out again til August and we will be adding some roof vent covers, a handle for the screen door, tire covers and few other items inside...... wish we could get out sooner but this thing called a house have things that need to be done to get ready for sale next spring.
Pictures and Video on our blog site (click the linky bottom of page)
Old 07-22-2013, 08:03 PM   #35

CONGRATULATIONS! I'm glad everything went well.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:22 PM   #36
Working the Life

Congratulation on the new unit

Congratulations on the new unit.
I like our idea of adding extra latches to the drawers with heavy contents.
We had the same issues with the sink plumbing. I was able to crawl under the sink and snug everything up and no more leaks. I also pulled up the fancy carpet and replaced it with rubber flooring material. Also added a couple of Recycle bins on tracks from Ikea.

Welcome to the Trilogy Owners Group (TOG) Does that make us Frog Tog's?
Enjoy your new unit.
Are you planning on going full timing?

KD

KD Nolte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:15 AM   #37

Thanks KD. I tried to just tighten up the pipes under the sink but I just wasn't happy ,thus the added extensions
Yes we are planning on going full timing next year ,we have had enough of Upstate NY winters and taxes....besides we want to be able to see the country while we are still young (52 & 53)
Have you had any other issues with your rig ?
Old 07-23-2013, 03:47 PM   #38

Thanks for the updates guys! This good info is really helping my biying decision! Michael
Old 07-23-2013, 04:16 PM   #39
NELA

Same problem re the drawers under the fridge and overn....that's where I put the pots and pans. Always open when we arrive at a park or home.

Our baby's at the dealer's for some adjustments and that's on our list. I'm hoping they use your remedy. If not we'll do it.

One drawer (lower right) in the bedroom dresser is always open on arrival as well, and that one's always been empty until I made it the designated junk/gadget drawer last trip out. (levels, flashlight, extension cords, etc.) That's on the punch list as well.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:04 PM   #40

HERmit, we have had no problems with the bedroom drawers so far , I'm hoping my addition of a few more catches will hold the 3 drawers under the stove will work out, I also added a couple to the cupboard next to the stove , it never opened on our trip home but I decided to put them on anyways. but since we won't be using her again til late August I won't know how they work.
I was tempted to take to dealer to have it done but I prefer to do it myself, since I know how I want it done and I will take the time to do it correct and with that TLC that is hard to find at dealers, Besides I love tinkering and best of all I work cheaper......LOL