Old 09-10-2013, 09:58 PM   #11

Ha! GOOD ONE!

Old 09-11-2013, 05:14 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLBrown View Post
I agree. I manage mine with the 2500 HD I have, but I rely on a good deal of training I received to control the load. I would never recommend less than a 1ton tow vehicle. My next truck will have at least that rating.
Any recommendation for the Cummins over the Duramax?
I just prefer the Cummins and its reliability track record, but that being said the Allison transmission in the Chevy can't be beat.

Defiant530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:42 AM   #13

Off to the Hershey show for the weekend and I plan to spend a lot of time at the Triology display
Old 09-11-2013, 06:51 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Off to the Hershey show for the weekend and I plan to spend a lot of time at the Triology display
Have a great time! Bring your checkbook ! Wait....scratch that it will only get you in trouble.......
Old 09-11-2013, 07:33 PM   #15

I would like to thank everyone for their input, I would like to ask TomnGayle, where on the Trilogy did you install the generator.

Mark
Old 09-11-2013, 07:58 PM   #16

Mark ,it is installed in the front compartment ,and the inverter for the fridge is also in the same compartment
Old 09-11-2013, 09:07 PM   #17
Tom & Gayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant530 View Post
Mark ,it is installed in the front compartment ,and the inverter for the fridge is also in the same compartment

Mark,

If you are planning on having a generator installed make sure the unit you want is
generator prepped from the factory. It is quite a bit more expensive to install one in a unit that is not prepped with the propane and electrical feed wires. The 5500 war Onan will add about 200 lb to the front of your unit.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:32 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezolen View Post
I cannot believe a former fire engineer would overload a 3/4 ton pickup with a 5th wheel of this size. I would not even dream of it.
As to the disk brakes they can be very problematic if the trailer sits for long periods of time as they are affected much more than drum brakes due to rotors rusting in damp and humid conditions. I know of someone who upgraded his drum to disk and had to revert back to drum brakes.
IMHO
Awesome 5th wheel by the way
I have a 2008 Cedar Creek 37RDQS that I had the IS and Disc Brakes installed by MOR/ryde at their plant. It's been about 3 years now and over 30,000 miles on them. No issues what-so-ever. They stop the trailer on a dime.

I am in the process of purchasing a 2014 Trilogy and will have the IS and Brakes installed before delivery. Would never have another camper without either one.

JMHO

John
Old 09-17-2013, 07:49 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomngayle View Post
Mark,

If you are planning on having a generator installed make sure the unit you want is
generator prepped from the factory. It is quite a bit more expensive to install one in a unit that is not prepped with the propane and electrical feed wires. The 5500 war Onan will add about 200 lb to the front of your unit.
Thanks for the info, I was planning on getting a unit that was generator prepped.

John, I was looking at the Mor/ryde, looks like a nice setup. You'll have to let me know how it works on the Trilogy.

Thanks again for your input,

Mark
Old 10-01-2013, 07:09 PM   #20

Well, me and my wife are headed to the RV show in Novi MI this weekend. I talked to Jeremiah at Dynamax and unfortunately he doesn't seem to think there will be any Trilogy units at the show. I called Norm at National RV and he also said they are not bringing any Trilogy's. We will be going and looking around anyways, and hope to have a good time. I will let you know how the show is.

Mark