Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-29-2017, 03:00 PM   #1

Gas oven

Looking at a 2014 Trilogy has no Gas oven any one instaled one, and were might I find cabinet parts and counter top please?
routemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 12:02 PM   #2

Looking at my 2014 3850RL setup, it too does not have an over. I think it would be fairly simple to install by removing the range top, cabinet doors, and possibly cutting the cabinet frame as needed to insert the oven (complete assembly). Not sure of the height but may need to adjust up/down. Re-use the existing counter overlays from the existing range top.

John
2014 Dynamax Trilogy 3850RL - South Hampton Interior, Full Body Paint (Black / Silver / White), MOR/ryde Independent Suspension, MOR/ryde Disc Brakes, ONAN 5500 Generator, Progressive Industries HW50C w/Dual Display, Winegard HD Dish w/DirecTV, Washer & Dryer, iSprings 7-stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter, Trail-Air Flex Air Pin Box, Third AC installed, AC Voltage/Amp Meters, DC Amp Meter, Garnett See Level Tank Sensors, TST 507 TPMS
Retired USAF - Full Timers!
John Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 10:13 PM   #3

We have used our oven very infrequently. The convection oven/microwave works very well. I think that my next unit will have only the stove top.
gauchoverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 10:52 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauchoverde View Post
We have used our oven very infrequently. The convection oven/microwave works very well. I think that my next unit will have only the stove top.
X2 ~ same here in our Grey Wolf 26RR, the oven is only another storage location for pots & pans.
I have a stove/oven combination from Camp Chef we use outside of the trailer when needed, don't care much for cooking inside of the tt.
extxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 09:12 PM   #5

Ours doesn’t have the oven either, and truthfully we wouldn’t use it. As others have stated the micro/convection oven works great. We also wouldn’t want to give up all the drawer storage space.
mcnabbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 09:54 PM   #6

Generally speaking the difference is one cutout at the top front and two doors. Adding an oven is fairly straightforeword. Remove doors, shelves cook top cut the front out, maybe make a few more cuts, install the oven.
BTW those that dont use their oven are missing the point. Adding an unglazed floor tile or a pizza stone makes the oven perform just like home.
donniedu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas