Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2016, 04:50 PM   #1

Generator champion 3000W inveter

Rene Ruest

I would like to know how to install a short cord from my small generator in my truck to my Trilogy 3850RL 2014 .
This is only for over night while traveling accros the country.
I hate having to disconnect go around and hookup the generator and re-connect the whole thing in morning.
If any one can help would appreciate.
Thank you verry much.

Rene Ruest
Trilogy 3850 RL 2014
Ford F 450 Platinum 2013.
reneruest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 05:27 PM   #2

If you just need to run a cord from where your Gen is to your RV electrical hookup, you should just need a 12 or 14 gauge extension cord long enough to bridge the gap. Plug it into the Generator then using a 15Amp to 30Amp adapter, plug the other end into your RV's electrical cord. This is the cord you usually plug into the 30A outlet when hooked to shore power. I say 30A but if you have a 50A then get the adapter for 15A to 50A instead. Start the generator and you have 15 amp power to the coach. It may not run your AC though.

lickem66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 08:36 PM   #3

My generator does have enough power to run one a/c either 15000 or the 13500 + fridge tv and water heater .
Right now i do have a 50 to 30 amps adaptor for the gene .
My outlet 50 amps shore connection is at the rear end as you know reason why i need to disconect every time i want use the gene.
What i like to do is to have a permanent short cut near in the batt locker or near the invertor then i can run my new cord towards the gene .
After used disconect short cord from gene and store back in front locker.
reneruest is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator