Old 02-05-2014, 10:32 AM   #11

Captain and cokes offer hours of entertainment! LOL Pool, beach, tinkering, little projects, shouting at kids to keep it down, rest in the hammock, run/cycle... the possibilities are endless.

I have RV'd my entire life. One thing I have notices about campers is we are all super friendly and approachable. I could buy a summer house on Cape Cod but much prefer to camp. Mostly because when you own a house, you might get to know the neighbors that abut your property... but when your camping, you can walk down the road and talk with anyone. Super friendly bunch to socialize with and meet new and interesting people.

Old 02-05-2014, 11:36 AM   #12
Fulltime family RVer

Chasing (I mean playing with) the kids (I mean little demons).

Old 02-05-2014, 11:40 AM   #13

Work on projects on the rig walk the dogs
Old 02-05-2014, 05:09 PM   #14
Cyber Phrenologist

1. At evening, just when the sun has set, I like to walk the entire camp ground. I look at the camp fires and tacky lights and listen to the noise people make about that time.

2. Get in the truck and go find a barbecue joint, unless at the beach, then it's a seafood place.

3. Walk the local nature trail.

4. Nap. Often.

5. I cook breakfast and all the outside grill work.

6. Might get some reading done, but that often leads to #4.

7. On some trips I bring Amateur Radio along. All the gear fits under the bed when not in use. Antennas vary, but is often just a long piece of wire. Makes a good conversation starter. Setting up the station in the trailer did not require a bunch of ugly or costly modifications.

I sort of play a game called "island hopping" where you go set up a station on an island and see how many other ham radio stations you can get to talk back to you. If they contact me they get a post card like shown below. Each Island has a number and the other part of the game is to see how many islands you can contact. On a trip to the Outer Banks of North Carolina I made 525 contacts around the world, some 30 states and 50 counties. On a trip to Dauphin Island, I tried all week and only got 26 contacts!

And then when I get tired of radio I go have another nap.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dauphin qsl.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	45850  
Attached Images

2008 (or is it 2009?) Rockwood 8280SS - 2007 F-150
Lot's of mostly Kenwood radios

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:28 PM   #15

DW does not do the "crafty" things like quilting, embroidery, etc. We're big on going to explore whatever out-of-the-way places we can find.

Do you know where Coca Cola was first bottled for distribution? (Hint: It wasn't Atlanta) We do, and we've been there. Old, interesting architecture is also one of our favorite things to see. Love taking pictures of interesting buildings like the cotton gin in Burton, Texas.

Yep, we love campfires, too, but there is a whole lot of interesting "stuff" to see out and about in this country.
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax 4X4
ďIt's not how old you are, it's how you are old.ĒJules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:37 PM   #16

I don't do any of the "crafty" things while camping. Once in a great while, but truth be told, I've had a "crafty" project in the camper for two seasons now and I haven't touched it. We're too busy golfing, sitting by the fire, walking around looking at other campsites, sitting by the fire, enjoying adult beverages, sitting by the fire, playing washers or beanbags, sitting by the fire, cooking amazing meals on the fire, sitting by the fire. Get my drift?!? My DH, on the other hand, has ants in his pants, so he's always tinkering on something. But since we have a side business, we're always busy at that, so he doesn't get a lot of time to tinker on the camper when we're home. Our camping life isn't a "his/her" trip. It's a "together" trip. We enjoy spending our time together and we don't spend a great deal of time apart while we're camping. Good thing, because I need him around to kill spiders!
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:47 PM   #17
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Mike View Post
DW does not do the "crafty" things like quilting, embroidery, etc. We're big on going to explore whatever out-of-the-way places we can find.

Do you know where Coca Cola was first bottled for distribution? (Hint: It wasn't Atlanta) We do, and we've been there. Old, interesting architecture is also one of our favorite things to see. Love taking pictures of interesting buildings like the cotton gin in Burton, Texas.

Yep, we love campfires, too, but there is a whole lot of interesting "stuff" to see out and about in this country.
Coke was first bottled in Vicksburg,MS, for distribution. Yeah I Goggled it.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:08 PM   #18

set up m/h get a beer, check on dw get beer 2 pull out recliners get beer 3 put out awning get beer 3? opps 4 check on dw get bber ?5? chat with other bRRE drinker next door get us both a beer think 6 ?you get the picture just enjoy oh and remember stay there and chech on dw
Old 02-05-2014, 07:02 PM   #19
William

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwehba View Post
set up m/h get a beer, check on dw get beer 2 pull out recliners get beer 3 put out awning get beer 3? opps 4 check on dw get bber ?5? chat with other bRRE drinker next door get us both a beer think 6 ?you get the picture just enjoy oh and remember stay there and chech on dw
X2 , 3, 5, oops 4. You get the picture! LOL

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app
2015 (38 Nights Camped/3560 Miles)
2014 (28 Nights Camped/1980 Miles)
2013 (30 Nights Camped/1411 Miles)
WEMig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:08 PM   #20

The DW and I like to hike and see the countryside on foot so we spend most days doing that. If we happen to be on the Oregon coast in late summer (which is one of our favorite places) we pick mushrooms.