Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2014, 07:16 PM   #21

My zero gravity recliner has a headrest and a cup holder, good enough for me.

Old 02-05-2014, 07:49 PM   #22

Well, today they had burgers and dogs at the pool. 2$ beers and live entertainment. That worked. I try to find a gun range and shoot once a week. Reading or visiting takes up the time.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:33 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
Coke was first bottled in Vicksburg,MS, for distribution. Yeah I Goggled it.
yes it sure was...we saw the plant/museum once on a trip through there
GaryanJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 10:26 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
Coke was first bottled in Vicksburg,MS, for distribution. Yeah I Goggled it.
Absolutely right, B....and as GaryanJane will probably attest, an interesting stop and tour of the first "plant"
2021 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW 4X4 Duramax
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 11:34 AM   #25

Quote:
set up m/h get a beer, check on dw get beer 2 pull out recliners get beer 3 put out awning get beer 3? opps 4 check on dw get bber ?5? chat with other bRRE drinker next door get us both a beer think 6 ?you get the picture just enjoy oh and remember stay there and chech on dw
Quote:
If we happen to be on the Oregon coast in late summer (which is one of our favorite places) we pick mushrooms.
Mushrooms can be as interesting as beer ("Go ask Alice, I think she'll know.") (I think I"m dating myself.)

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 11:42 AM   #26
jdadoug

What to do

We usually get going right after I get home from work and can be there in 30 minutes and get set up. I do the outside stuff and she does the inside. Then if we are cooking supper I get some Kingsford going and cook supper. Afterwards I get a campfire going, and we set outside and watch the others come and go. I usually have a campfire going even though it might be over 100 deg. Wifey just shakes her head....but its getting so she will ask me if I'm going to lite one or not. I always like to hear the forecast before lighting one. (wind)
The next morning I walk our site and pick up all the trash that others leave. Sometimes my ADD kicks in and I pickup several sites depending if we have neighbors or not........

I like to watch the night sky, I haven't brought my telescope yet but might this summer. Our camp ground is quite shady so I would have to go down to the water edge or go to the "tent loop". We watched several meteor showers last summer and will do so this summer. I'm taking a class in astronomy right now so I have the bug to watch the sky

Otherwise we read, shoot flies, walk the dog, tinker, watch movies, may start fishing again, cook, make coffee and cook breakfast outside, Dutch oven stuff, neighbor around, drink barley pops, converse with our good friends the camp host, watch tv, sit in the AC, piddle, nod off/sleep, swim, talk with fellow Cardinal owners, watch the setting sun, take movie/pictures, build bonfires and just take it easy.
Once or twice during the summer my brothers and I get all three campers together and we have a weekend with the family. We all do Dutch oven cooking so there is a abundance of food!
jdadoug
Old 02-08-2014, 12:52 PM   #27
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Mike View Post
Absolutely right, B....and as GaryanJane will probably attest, an interesting stop and tour of the first "plant"
Thinking about it,we visited that place (before our RV'ing days) several years ago. It's a red brick building and there's a place to buy Coke memberabila also.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote