Old 02-05-2014, 05:35 AM   #1
Guys what do you do to pass the time

well the ladies have lots to do it seems after we get parked. With quilting, knitting, reading, beading etc. So what do you do to occupy your time when parked at an rv park or campsite for several weeks at a time?

GaryanJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:59 AM   #2
Play cards, cornhole, sit around the fire. We like to walk around the park and look at other RV's.

Mike001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:16 AM   #3
Log onto this forum .
2013 Palomino Sabre 34REQS-6

Link to pics:
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:34 AM   #4
Check the brakes, pack the bearings, install new lights, reroute cables, tinker with everything. Read a book, watch movies, walk, see the surrounding area.
2009 Ford F-150 XLT/XTR 5.4l, CrewCab. long bed
2011 Surveyor SV-291
Goomph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:52 AM   #5
I am a big reader while camping.
Exploring the hiking trails walking, and a lot of bicycle rides.
Sometimes we go to tourists attraction in the area we are, but not much.
We also like the washer toss game, when we're with friends .
eggs5p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:11 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Our kids are still young so a lot of our time is spent in their activities at home and while camping. Lucky for me that my three girls like to be outdoors, though, so while camping we do a lot of family hikes with the dogs and the like. Most of the lakes we camp at have boats, kayaks and paddle boards to rent so we get out on the water when we can. We fish often.

When I have time on my own, its all about photography, bike and run workouts, staying around the site reading or BBQing something.
DW, 3 Kids and our Goldens

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:45 AM   #7
We camp in the bush where there is nothing, so if you want it you have to bring it. So once set up, I have to get some fire wood so I go dead fall hunting and bring it back and cut to size. Sometimes I have to trim the trees that lines the sides of the two track that we use, so that the 5er doesn't get scraped by the branches. So that kills a day or so. If it's just the wife and I, we read a lot, might go for a walk, might go for a ride into the nearest city, might just head up towards Mackinaw for a day trip. Oh yes, might have a couple of rum & cokes to wet the whistle also. If our granddaughter comes with us then our attention is on her. She's 6 years old and likes to go for walks also. When her parents join us then we also have our younger grandson to entertain. Did I mention rum and cokes? We don't go for weekends anymore, we go for at least two weeks, except when traveling out west. Then we're gone for 3 months and that happens every other year. We've been camping like this for over 35 years now except for going out west every other year and when I was a few years younger I dirt biked and then used a quad that the wife and I toodled around on. As we get older we usually enjoy the nature that is around us and being away from the rat race. There aren't a lot of people that are near us when we dry camp so it's quiet except for the occasional owl screeching, coyotes howling, cranes flying overhead in the fall, etc. Heck I might even crank up the gen set and watch a bit of TV in the evening before going to bed.
Pipeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:14 AM   #8
Read a book (the civil war is my favorite subject)
cook on the fire/eat
wood carving
play games with the kids
hang out around the fire with friends.
2012 F150 4x4 5.0
2011 Cherokee Grey Wolf 26bh
God Bless America
bobcrowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:40 AM   #9
Take the dogs for a long walk, see what the others are up to, & just people watch can be quite entertaining.......

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2013 Puma Unleashed 356 QLB
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:20 AM   #10
Grape Escape
Watch others, eat, drink beverages, cruise on the jetski, walk trails or campground checking out other rv's, read, tinker with the rv. Never a dull moment

2008 Cardinal 30RKLE 5th wheel sold
2006 Rockwood 2607, 2001 Traillite
55 nights 2009, 53 for 2010
44 for 2011, 38 for 2012, 35 for 2013, 51 for 2014
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote