Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2015, 08:29 AM   #21

I also received a copy of the heating and cooling tests accomplished by Dynamax. I challenged it when I had my pipes freeze up the day after delivery of my Trilogy. I was told the units were sold in Canada and didn't have freezing issues. Hmm... I live in Oklahoma and mine froze up. Plumbing was exposed to the elements (ice maker plumbing can be seen on the road side without insulation), water pump was bolted to the I-beam on the frame, transferring the cold right to the pump.

Heat wise in Oklahoma, most summers are typically above 105 degrees F and two ACs just can't keep up, regardless of the AC fan speed, using the vents or dumping the air down. I had a third AC installed at the factory. This summer it was up to 110 outside and I was able to maintain about 82 inside. Far better than the first summer of not less than 90 degrees in the Trilogy.

I realize the RV is not a house. However... I would prefer they just do 2x4 construction in the exterior walls and roof. I can give up that space so more insulation can be added. I can trade cargo weight for comfort...

John
2014 Dynamax Trilogy 3850RL - South Hampton Interior, Full Body Paint (Black / Silver / White), MOR/ryde Independent Suspension, MOR/ryde Disc Brakes, ONAN 5500 Generator, Progressive Industries HW50C w/Dual Display, Winegard HD Dish w/DirecTV, Washer & Dryer, iSprings 7-stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter, Trail-Air Flex Air Pin Box, Third AC installed, AC Voltage/Amp Meters, DC Amp Meter, Garnett See Level Tank Sensors, TST 507 TPMS
Retired USAF - Full Timers!
John Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 08:41 AM   #22
Working the Life

Cold Weather Survival

I have experienced temperatures as low as -20deg C with no ill effects. The fresh water line needed to be heat taped and insulated but that was the only extra care that I needed to take.
The fireplace, heat pump and a small cube heater are my primary heating until it reaches 0deg C and then the furnace is employed to insure the tanks and under belly piping remain frost free.
As far as hot weather goes, we find that the AC units are too loud to be used while we occupy the unit especially at night.

I was unaware that the tanks had Heating pads as I could not find any info on this in the owners packet of information, nor is there a breaker or fuse for heating pads.

I am curious what issues other unit owners have experienced.

KD Nolte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 08:46 AM   #23
Working the Life

Camperone:
We went with the two in one Washer Dryer Slendide set and find it works very well. You are limited as to how much of a load can be placed in it at one time but that just means doing laundry more often.I do find though that the cloths come out very wrinkled if not removed right away. We utilize a drying rack in the shower to finish of heavy cotton items like jeans.
We had the Dealer install the unit as they offered installation with the purchase.

KD Nolte is offline   Reply With Quote