Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2014, 06:20 PM   #1

Issues 2013 36re t3

We bought our new camper in Nov. 2013. I love it except need to be a Rv repair tech to keep it going. My dealer has been great with questions and repairs. Hears a list of issues I have had just wanting to see if anyone else has had these problems. First off no outlets on the couch cook fridge slide out don't work I live four hours from dealer and haven't had time to carry back to dealer. I have checked fuses etc. My next issue was the mini block was leaking someone had tried to put Teflon on it so they new it had a leak, on this issue dealer contacted John at Dynamax and he sent me a new mini block and I repaired myself. About week after I had I removed cover on wall to see what was behind it in bay compartment to my surprise there was a leak there also in the shower drain/hep valve/ see picture attached I took the carpeted covers and replace with plexi glass where I could check and see if anything leaked also I hinged it where I could open it anytime. Also the awning will blow up in least amount of wind not sure if need stronger hydraulic cylinders or what. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1400714318.997607.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	757.5 KB
ID:	52965Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1400714362.555692.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	677.2 KB
ID:	52966Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1400714388.017031.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	726.6 KB
ID:	52967Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1400714407.595394.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	642.8 KB
ID:	52968Also the fill station for propane will not let relief off when you open valve to fill, note John at Dynamax sent me a replacement but haven't empty tank yet to change. Notice some cracks in roof going to seal until I can get dealer to repair. Now to top it off my rear ac compressor quit I called dealer and he referred me to the ac manufactor and now I got to get a tech out and recheck and fill out a form whAt a bunch of crap wanting to camp for Memorial Day and now ac down and I live 4 hours from dealer and can't find anyone local before end of next week to even come check it and send the form in for warranty and then they still have to ship me parts. Yes I am venting but I paid a lot for this Rv and expected better. With it being only 6 months old since bought. Heck my little 24 foot four winds wAs a 2004 model never had do anything to it except put freon in ac last year. Don't get me wrong I still love my trilogy. Sorry for venting and such a long post.
d69stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:24 PM   #2

Dear 36R E3

I understand your frustration, I purchase my 2013 Trilogy 3800D3 a year ago February and had several little problems with it. and to make matters worse, my dealer did not care and even lied to me about repairs they said they fix. Like you I was upset to say the least and am still not totally happy. This is our third camper we bought new, started with a 30' travel trail wildwood by fleetwood. Only had two problems with that one. Then we ordered a 2006 Jayco Designer 36RLTS. Never had a problem with this 5ver and we loved it. If Jayco offered what we was looking for, I would have bought from them.

I spent 3 years looking for something to upgrade to. When I stumbled across the Trilogy, then the more i learned the more I loved it. So we finally bought it. I still love it but am disappointed in a few of their designs. And still have small problems. The inlet city water fitting leaks, no matter Werther I replace the rubber washer or how tight I get it it still leaks. The second problem is the upper arm on my main awning is cracked so bad that I had to reinforce it with brackets on each side of the arm.
Like you what upsets me most is the kind of money I paid, I don't expect this much problems.
phil falls is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags