Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2016, 04:32 PM   #1

Lane Side Bedroom Slide/Front Trim Moldings

On our pull into Asheville, NC, I looked up into the passenger mirror to see something flapping in the wind. I pulled over to find the rubberized molding in the trim channel had come out. After a bit of inspection, I noticed it was the area, just beyond the TV exhaust. The heat from the exhaust had warmed up the molding and the wind/turbulence had caused it to pop out. Has anyone experienced this? If so, what was your fix? (Pic below)
Next, this morning, I noticed the slide bar had a fair amount of slack in it. With a lock nut on one side and two nuts torqued against one another, seems like nothing would move. I have no other mechanics on the other 4 slides with this type of action. Is there an issue? Should I adjust out the slack?

Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1463607027.535877.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	219.2 KB
ID:	108264   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1463607043.711973.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	108266  
dwilhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 05:39 PM   #2

The plastic moulding is an issue. We have it on ours and I have to push it back in again occasionally but it's never come completely out or enough to bother us too much.

I went out and checked two of ours slides since four of them have the same kind of setup as the one you uploaded a photo of.

My rearmost roadside slide (bunk slide) looks to be just like yours and I've never messed with it as it seems to operate fine.

The slide just in front of that has the "bar" on the forward side of the slide but is quite a bit "tighter" yet still has obvious slack. I've never adjusted at of them and don't plan to unless I have to.

I wouldn't worry about yours unless you are seeing or experiencing some adverse effects.

I've uploaded photos of mine in the order discussed.

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1463611172.548610.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	108273

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1463611188.939750.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	108274

2014 Dynamax Trilogy 37BH
2015 Ram 3500 DRW
Old 05-18-2016, 07:14 PM   #3

I would not adjust those nuts. They control the distance of the push out and the pull-in. If you change them, you could over extend the slide or pull it too tight, causing damage.

John
2014 Dynamax Trilogy 3850RL - South Hampton Interior, Full Body Paint (Black / Silver / White), MOR/ryde Independent Suspension, MOR/ryde Disc Brakes, ONAN 5500 Generator, Progressive Industries HW50C w/Dual Display, Winegard HD Dish w/DirecTV, Washer & Dryer, iSprings 7-stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter, Trail-Air Flex Air Pin Box, Third AC installed, AC Voltage/Amp Meters, DC Amp Meter, Garnett See Level Tank Sensors, TST 507 TPMS
Retired USAF - Full Timers!
John Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 08:36 AM   #4

Roger that, Gentlemen! No issues, no adjustment. John, your explanation is clear. The rear end of that slide is snug against the seal, when closed. The front, not so much. I've added it to my warranty work list.

Thanks!

God Bless,
David & Cathy

2015 Trilogy 38FL
2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW
Trailersaver TS-3 Hitch on B&W Platform
dwilhite is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, bedroom slide, mold, roo, slide