Old 11-16-2013, 06:16 PM   #21

I still find this forum a little confusing as to which thread to post on. If I already posted this, I apologize. Thanks TomNGayle for the heads up about the Lippert Axels.
We recently had a repair place pull our wheels and check the lubes on them. One side was perfect but the second side the tech pointed out that a different color & inferior"grease" had been used and one seal was blown messing up the whole brake assembly on that wheel. Thanks to you T&G, we caught it before any damage was done., the brake assembly was cleaned and the wheels repacked.
I'm pretty sure I'm not using the. Correct terms here but I hope my point gets across. Other Lippert axel owners, check your wheels!

Sherry

Old 11-22-2013, 06:25 AM   #22

Michael Babcock from trilogy told me they have changed to Alco axles in the trilogy now. Anyone have any experience with these axles ?

Old 11-22-2013, 07:17 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryanJane View Post
Michael Babcock from trilogy told me they have changed to Alco axles in the trilogy now. Anyone have any experience with these axles ?
I think you mean AL-KO, Alko axles are torsion axles they have rubber 3 like in a triangle that stretch from one side to the other. They also come with ultra lube which is a zerk fitting closed system that grease both bearings. They have specks on the grease that is needed and temp that it has to be. You can buy the grease at Napa auto parts stores. I have checked the internet for alco as you stated and it will come up alko. the torsion part acts as a shock absorber. As heavy as the trilogy unit is they may also have springs added. If they are alko you need to check the grease in the ultra lube system. My unit came 1 and 1/2 tubes low. you will see the grease start to come out when they are full. I use Lukas 400 degree grease on mine. I would bet that over 90% of FR units come with Alko axles. I think you had the same post titled trilogy by dynamax div. of FR ?...
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 01:54 PM   #24

Anyone with the Alko axles experiencing failure, or problems?
Old 06-03-2014, 02:10 PM   #25

replaced my rear seals and put some good grease in my axles spindles last week, at 1500 miles the seals were leaking and their was very little grease. The grease did not make it to the magnets or pads but in time it would.. I have 6k lippert 2x12

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:12 PM   #26

man - that is not good - did you check them prior to the 1500 mile repack and they failed again, or was this the first time you checked and were lucky enough to catch the issue before a problem. Were these Alko's or the Lippert's?
Old 06-03-2014, 02:24 PM   #27

sorry jevanb missed the part where you mentioned the Lippert's - Anyone here with problems associated with the Alko's only?
Old 06-03-2014, 03:46 PM   #28

No, sink covers stay on and paper towel roll stays upright.
I have a wireless camera with wireless router set up in the trailer mainly as rear view camera but one time I turned it around to see what's happening inside the trailer while driving and boy am I happy, it's all smooth sailing .

Cypressloser is online now   Reply With Quote