Old 08-08-2014, 10:42 PM   #1

MOR/ryde Disc Brakes

Is there anyone out there towing with a Ford 2011 truck and has the MOR/ryde brakes? I have having intermittent issues with TRAILER DISCONNECTED while I am going down the road. Had the CAM16 patch installed by MOR/ryde on Thursday, no help.

Did not have this issue with the same truck while towing my 2008 Cedar Creek with MOR/ryde brakes.

I have my truck set for the electric over hydraulic.

John

2014 Dynamax Trilogy 3850RL - South Hampton Interior, Full Body Paint (Black / Silver / White), MOR/ryde Independent Suspension, MOR/ryde Disc Brakes, ONAN 5500 Generator, Progressive Industries HW50C w/Dual Display, Winegard HD Dish w/DirecTV, Washer & Dryer, iSprings 7-stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter, Trail-Air Flex Air Pin Box, Third AC installed, AC Voltage/Amp Meters, DC Amp Meter, Garnett See Level Tank Sensors, TST 507 TPMS
Retired USAF - Full Timers!
John Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 12:16 AM   #2

We had a 2011 F550 that we ordered in summer 2010 without the IBC to avoid this issue. The Ford IBC was not compatible with electric over hydraulic brakes.
Maybe Ford has a software patch???

Cypressloser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 09:08 AM   #3

The IBC has the setting available for ELECTRIC or ELECTRIC/HYDRAULIC. I had the same exact MOR/ryde braking system on my Cedar Creek and never received the TRAILER DISCONNECTED message. To me, this tells me that the Trilogy has something different. Weird...

John
2014 Dynamax Trilogy 3850RL - South Hampton Interior, Full Body Paint (Black / Silver / White), MOR/ryde Independent Suspension, MOR/ryde Disc Brakes, ONAN 5500 Generator, Progressive Industries HW50C w/Dual Display, Winegard HD Dish w/DirecTV, Washer & Dryer, iSprings 7-stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter, Trail-Air Flex Air Pin Box, Third AC installed, AC Voltage/Amp Meters, DC Amp Meter, Garnett See Level Tank Sensors, TST 507 TPMS
Old 08-09-2014, 09:55 AM   #4

We towed our 2008 Royals International (build date 2007) with a 2008 F450 and intermittently got the 'trailer disconnect message, the brakes worked but it was annoying.
Then when we ordered the 2011 F550 the salesman got on the phone with the Ford factory rep and gave him the exact brake specs. When he called back he advised to delete the IBC and install an aftermarket brake controller. The IBC in the 2013 Ram worked great with our 2008 Royals and does so with the Trilogy.
This can only mean there is something the Ford IBC of those particular model years have an issue with but I don't know what, I am no expert by any means.
I took our F450 with the Royals to the Ford dealership and had them look at it, they acknowledged the problem but couldn't fix it.

Another possibility is simply voltage fluctuations between the trailer plug and the brake system.

If you had a way to pull the trailer with a truck that has a different brake controller that could probably point you to the right direction.
Old 08-09-2014, 01:08 PM   #5

Agree, if we had another truck that would help but no such luck. While I am waiting for my appointment at Dynamax for warranty work, I ordered a Curt Triflex Brake Controller and cables. Allows for a plug & play. Hopefully this will make it all work. I'll probably lose the ability to track the mileage towing the camper (part of the integrated data on the truck) but if it removes the annoying messges, it will be worth it.

Thanks for all of the information, I really appreciate it!

John
Old 08-10-2014, 06:54 PM   #6

I sure hope that will fix it.
John
Old 09-24-2014, 08:44 PM   #7

Update to my brake issue...

I took some time to take apart the 7-pin connector in the truck. This is the one that resides in my bed and was added by the guys who installed the hitch. I did find some loose connections so I replaced the entire unit. Tada... everything working fine.

Just goes to show when something is wrong and it is not logical, it is usually a simple and obvious problem. Just wish I would have done that sooner!

John

Tags
brakes