Old 07-17-2015, 01:55 PM   #41

Yeah, definitely a few things missed (also Visions). I tried to take the outer cover off the furnace, but it won't come off. The propane is on, and valves working properly the oven and hot water heater are both functioning. Which leads me to another question, how do I get this thing to work on electric instead of gas? Old trailer had two switches side by side, so you could actually run both at the same time. Almost limitless hot water. We would like to have hotter water (and more of it) available for the shower.

And the dryer squeaks every revolution of the drum. Even when turning by hand.

On the plus side, this bed is great. Very comfortable mattress, and equally if not more important is the firm, stable base. No bowing or sagging. Very nice. We love the layout, very spacious. The curved, full height roof really makes it feel more "residential". The colours are great. We are currently camping in Grande Cache at the municipal campground. Lots of trees, and quiet. Really appreciated the curved front cap when backing in, made the maneuvering a lot easier. Atticus is enjoying the new adventure, although trying to clean the paws of a 5 month old puppy can be quite a challenge!

Figures, we put a blanket down for him, and he curls up in the recliner for a nap! Laying on his rawhide for safekeeping too!

Old 07-17-2015, 02:16 PM   #42

To clarify, the furnace cover won't come off because the intake and exhaust ports are stuck to the cover. Even with all screws removed. I think they may have been a little over zealous with the application of silicone.

Old 07-17-2015, 02:30 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by -lenny- View Post
Yeah, definitely a few things missed (also Visions). I tried to take the outer cover off the furnace, but it won't come off. The propane is on, and valves working properly the oven and hot water heater are both functioning. Which leads me to another question, how do I get this thing to work on electric instead of gas? Old trailer had two switches side by side, so you could actually run both at the same time. Almost limitless hot water. We would like to have hotter water (and more of it) available for the shower.

And the dryer squeaks every revolution of the drum. Even when turning by hand.

On the plus side, this bed is great. Very comfortable mattress, and equally if not more important is the firm, stable base. No bowing or sagging. Very nice. We love the layout, very spacious. The curved, full height roof really makes it feel more "residential". The colours are great. We are currently camping in Grande Cache at the municipal campground. Lots of trees, and quiet. Really appreciated the curved front cap when backing in, made the maneuvering a lot easier. Atticus is enjoying the new adventure, although trying to clean the paws of a 5 month old puppy can be quite a challenge!

Figures, we put a blanket down for him, and he curls up in the recliner for a nap! Laying on his rawhide for safekeeping too!

The weather is miserable here, 8 deg. C. this morning, rainy and 40 mph wind, we just left the CG.
On your thermostat should be a setting for electric heat, that will control the heat pump.
I agree with you on the mattress, it is by far the best one we had in any RV, even better than the Sleepnumber we had in our Royals International. I am surprised they missed so many little things on the PDI, we did the walkthrough with Dave (Service Manager) and he was very thorough.

Grande Cache is a nice little town (going back to the fur trade), at least when we visited the last time 10 years ago. We should have bought a couple of homes back then, they were selling dirt cheap after the coal mines closed.
Got surprised by a Grizzly one night in a small campground north of town at Musreau Lake (spelling?)
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 02:47 PM   #44

No heat pump on this unit (to my knowledge)

A few shots of our site. We have been here a couple times before. Nice place, lots of trails. Decent golf course next to the campground.

Old 07-17-2015, 03:42 PM   #45

Very nice site
No heat pump .
Maybe a call to Visions is in order, if that doesn't produce any answers your fireplace is still an option, the weather seems to turn crappy the day after tomorrow.
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 09:55 PM   #46

Yes the fireplace puts out enough heat. We very rarely run the furnace itself, but it is nice to have when needed. I did call visions and told them what all we were up against so far, but not sure when we will actually get in. Would like to put it off till the end of the year since it is a 1.5hr drive for us.

Got a call today that the parts for the fridge are in, so I will be able to fix that up when we get home. Also the furnace is getting propane, as you can smell it when it is trying to light. Not sure why it does not ignite though.
Old 07-19-2015, 09:11 AM   #47

I too learned that the travel position for the closet & bathroom doors is locked open, the small latches will not hold the doors closed during travel. At least I had no water issues in my new unit, just Ladder, Steps, and light issues. I will try my Furnace before I pick it up from the dealer again. It might be a SURPRISE, and I do go camping in January, & December each year. I wish you safe travels. Kevin