Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2015, 09:40 PM   #1

New owner/member

Hello, all. We just purchased a used 2014 Trilogy 37FB. We have been motorhomers for over 20 years and retired fully last year.

Found out we liked to park longer, and felt a fifth wheel would be the best for our situation.

In spite of the line stopping at Dynamax, we still purchased this one. Liked the floorplan and the amenities. Plus we're a big fan of fiberglas roofs. And our last motorhome was an orphan as well. We survived and think we'll do fine with Dynamax going forward.

However, since we're new to fifth wheels, I hope to be able to pick your brains occasionally for things I need reassurance about.

Jim
CC38EL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 10:00 PM   #2
Ham Radio since 1970

Welcome from Mishawaka, Jim. We love our 5th wheel, and I bet you will too. This forum is full of friendly, helpful people so go ahead and ask your questions.

Mike
Nights camped '14: 51 '15: 134 '16: 149 '17: 171

N9ID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 10:09 PM   #3
The Wayfarers

New owner, new member, maiden voyage !

We just camped for our first time in our Rockwood Premier A Frame. It rained and then the sun came out and it was a real joy not to be in a tent and on the ground. We have learned much from this forum and hope to do much more camping in the weeks to come.
Palletbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 06:48 AM   #4

2015 Trilogy 38WT

We bought one of the remaining new units last month and also moved from a motor home to a 5th wheel. We're very happy with the move and adjusted rather quickly.

We're in the process of adding a few things and find the factory a bit slow about getting us information on included prep packages, but with some persistence we seem to be working through it. Maybe those who built the units are no longer with the company. That's our only problem and its not like when so many companies went bankrupt a few years ago. The builder is still around. They're just not building these units anymore.

We love the new Trilogy and suspect you will too. And I think you will find this forum more informative and helpful than others we've been on.
StoneyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 07:14 AM   #5

Welcome from Michigan, we have had our Trilogy for almost one year and no major issues.
mcnabbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 09:10 AM   #6

Welcome from Wisconsin and congrats on your 2014 Trilogy 37FB.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 06:04 PM   #7

Welcome!
The number and frequency of posts on the Trilogy site is not a true indication of how many actual Trilogy owners monitor it. Be as descriptive as you can in the title and narrative body and a Trilogy owner will likely respond as well as many non-owners. Because of the somewhat unique construction and components on these higher-end fivers, in some situations you will want the feedback from an actual owner.
lgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 06:12 PM   #8

Welcome to the forum. If you haven't already done so, join our FROG organization by registering at FROG - Forest River Owners Group, no membership or joining fees.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 07:54 PM   #9

Welcome to the forum. Nice to see new members😄
salexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 09:28 AM   #10

We have a 2015 trilogy 39fb love it but how do I get the awning out?
brandonzinni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 09:58 AM   #11

We had that problem during PDI and the tech who took us through added a part that he pointed to and told me what it was, but it went over my head. But I thought at the time that it was apparently much like the manual Carefree awning we had on our motor home with a directional lock at the top. I might look for such a lock or lever on the door end of the awning and see if you can reverse it so that the awning will come it. If that works then there's probably something that's supposed to reverse the lock at the top that is out of adjustment. When mine gets all the way out it's reverse and start coming back in.

Hope that helps, but its just a WAG.
StoneyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 07:24 AM   #12

Hey I want to talk about the awnings , we're trouble with it coming out of the track is anybody else having this problem?
camperone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 07:26 AM   #13

And to add to the awning issue don't they seam really high in (tall)?
camperone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 07:37 AM   #14

The awnings are really high, but have to be to get over the slides and stay on the roof line.

We haven't used our awning much because of high winds, but haven't had any issues with it coming out of the track.

Does make some noise going in and out...but silicone spray should help with that next time I put it out.
Old 07-16-2015, 05:57 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by camperone View Post
Hey I want to talk about the awnings , we're trouble with it coming out of the track is anybody else having this problem?

Your fabric has slid on the awning tube. Adjust it back where it goes in and out correctly and pop rivet the fabric to the tube to hold it in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
arpipeliner is offline   Reply With Quote