Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2014, 07:44 PM   #1

Production of Trilogy Fifth Wheels

Hello all from Northern Alberta
We are just planning on ordering a new 2015 Trilogy Fifth Wheel and was notified by a dealer in another province that production has stopped . Checked out the Internet and have found nothing regarding this news .
Has anyone heard the factory has stopped building fifth wheels ?
Teddy Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 11:58 AM   #2

Welcome Teddy Bear.
I'm not trying to speculate, but some (not all) sales men are notorious liars. The best way to find out is to email or call Dynamax, I find them to be very responsive. You can find a link with phone # and email on their website.

B.t.w.: We bought ours at Vision RV and I must say we made the right choice, if spending that kind of money on an RV can be considered a good decision.
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 09:25 PM   #3

Most RV manufacturers in the Elkhart and Goshen area shut down for two weeks at the end of December. Maybe that's all it was. We still love our Trilogy.
Freebirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 08:43 AM   #4

There are some new 2013 & 2014’s still available (link below). Some of the 2014’s are of the original body style non-box body, fiberglass roof, etc…standard on these units are all the “options” you will pay for with the 2015’s.
$60,000 or $125,000? Might be worth the drive.

New and Used Dynamax Corp Fifth Wheel For Sale On RV Trader
lgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 11:05 AM   #5

I talked to my contact at trilogy this morning. they have suspended manufacturing the trilogy line at dynamax and are concentrating on their motorhome division. he said that all warranties are still in effect as well as parts ordering.
GaryanJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 11:06 AM   #6

That's to bad we had thought they were awesome 5th wheels and were considering them for the future.
DKRITTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 11:41 AM   #7

The Trilogy was our #1 pick for our next unit, guess now I better start the search for one on a lot somewhere.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 12:40 PM   #8
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
The Trilogy was our #1 pick for our next unit, guess now I better start the search for one on a lot somewhere.
On the bright side, the price of them ought to come down drastically.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:29 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
On the bright side, the price of them ought to come down drastically.
That's what I am hope for!!!!! Are we chasing each other between forum boards today
Old 01-09-2015, 02:34 PM   #10
Always Learning

Quote:
That's what I am hope for!!!!! Are we chasing each other between forum boards today

Sure looks that way! We could start cross-answering questions...

So yeah, they're strangely strict at Orlando. I guess they have to be in the winter because they're so busy. Where else we're you supposed to park the Kennellworth? Out in the Welcome Center lot?
Old 01-09-2015, 02:41 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Sure looks that way! We could start cross-answering questions...

So yeah, they're strangely strict at Orlando. I guess they have to be in the winter because they're so busy. Where else we're you supposed to park the Kennellworth? Out in the Welcome Center lot?
We would drive the Fiends nuts if we cross answered!!!!!! I did tell the woman I could park it behind the center next to the 2 pickups that have been there all week already, or put it in the storage area but she said I would have to pay for that. Outside by the check in area would have been ok with me.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:40 AM   #12

Quote:

Look at the Redwood line built like a tank + attention to fine details. Poo
poofam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 10:48 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by poofam View Post
Look at the Redwood line built like a tank + attention to fine details. Poo

We have looked at Redwood and something about them just did not sit well with me, been so long I don't remember what it was, crazy huh? I saw where Tiffon family members are starting a 5th wheel line soon, also was watching Lux 5th wheels by Augusta. Still considering a Trilogy if the right deal can be made.
Old 01-24-2015, 11:03 AM   #14

Send a message via AIM to B and B
We looked at the Redwood. The Trim details, cabinet facing, caulking etc on our Rockwood is much better. I would look around for sure. The columbus trim level and finishes IMHO are better than a Redwood and a lot less expensive as well.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 11:35 AM   #15

We looked long and hard at Redwood. However, higher cost and lack of a fiberglass roof, that comes standard on all 2013 and most 2014 Trilogy's, made it a distant #3. Like most of FR products, when they become popular, they crank them out as fast as possible, losing quality along the way.

When shopping and comparing options/value, I ranked them:

DRV
Trilogy
Redwood
Old 01-24-2015, 04:27 PM   #16

Quote:
We have looked at Redwood and something about them just did not sit well with me, been so long I don't remember what it was, crazy huh? I saw where Tiffon family members are starting a 5th wheel line soon, also was watching Lux 5th wheels by Augusta. Still considering a Trilogy if the right deal can be made.

I haven't seen the lux but they do look good On the web, another brand is "Life Style" like Lux hard to find but well made for full time use. We all have our Owen perception of quality some look at the outside and decor and some look behind the walls and in the cabinets. Just say-n 😜 Poo
poofam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 08:40 PM   #17

We took delivery of a new Trilogy yesterday and were told that the Trilogy sales reps are still employed causing speculation that the Trilogy will continue to be marketed by Forest River, but not through Dynamax.
StoneyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 07:28 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneyG View Post
We took delivery of a new Trilogy yesterday and were told that the Trilogy sales reps are still employed causing speculation that the Trilogy will continue to be marketed by Forest River, but not through Dynamax.

Dynamax is a fully owned subsidiary of Forest River, who purchased them during the “great recession”. Old Dynamax had already begun to produce a fifth wheel prototype as a last ditched effort to turn around results. Up until that time, Dynamax specialized in high-end Class C coaches. The conventional thought is that FR is returning Dynamax to its core competencies, high-end class C, Forest River’s only high-end Class C offering. Unfortunately with the Dynamax’s departure from fifth wheels, they no longer have anything to compete with DRV or Redwood. Best you got one while you could.
Old 02-18-2015, 07:49 AM   #19

When we started looking there were 49 of the models we were looking for, including what appear to be duplicates, on RV Trader.com. This morning there are 11, including ours, and I know some of those eleven, including ours, are no longer on the dealer web sites. The dealer we bought from had three different model (38WT, 38RL, 38FB) 2015 Trilogies and as I sit here one more day looking for things that need to be addressed before we drive off the lot one those three is next to me with the new owners and the other sold yesterday.
StoneyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 03:01 PM   #20
Working the Life

High River Autoplex (High River, Alberta) still has a 38RE in stock.

KD Nolte is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fifth wheel, wheel