Old 06-22-2014, 02:45 PM   #1

Protectants for our new 3650 RE

The dealer has offered us (at an additional cost of course) a package for exterior paint protection and interior scotch protection. Has anyone had any experience with either? I really don't see the need for the exterior due to the full body paint and no graphic decals. Thanks.

Old 06-22-2014, 02:51 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnabbwr View Post
The dealer has offered us (at an additional cost of course) a package for exterior paint protection and interior scotch protection. Has anyone had any experience with either? I really don't see the need for the exterior due to the full body paint and no graphic decals. Thanks.
You can do the scotch guard yourself. It's just a rip. If I clean my carpets with that spray stuff then I always put down a can on it 2 1/2 years old still looks new.

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 03:25 PM   #3

Don't wast your money. I paid to have it done on ours and when we picked it up the trailer was rotten. First they must of washed it with a brush and bucket and scratched the paint all the heck. Then they sprayed on this so call paint protectant on then parked it outside their shop still wet with dump trucks passing and it got covered in dust and water spots.
I got my money back $3000. I figured for that money it would be applied with a buffer and it would look good when we picked it up. It was a joke I will have to buff the paint myself to get out the scratches from their wash job. then I will apply a good automotive wax. Manager told me that the product they use is just spray on product. There is no way a spray on product can protect your paint or ever be worth $3000.
Also you can scotch guard your own carpets for cheaper and do a way better job. Ours wasn't even cleaned inside when we picked it up so if they did the carpet they sprayed it right over the dirt and dust.
Old 06-22-2014, 03:35 PM   #4

I would never do it again. We paid a lot of money for a scam product. Two years and I can not see any shine at all. I paid a guy to wax it it that made it look great. Save your money it's pure BS as far as I can tell.
Old 06-22-2014, 08:14 PM   #5

Protectants for our new 3650 RE

This was what I used on our motor home and use on my pickuphttp://www.rejex.com/rejex.html. Works really well.
Old 06-22-2014, 10:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by salexander View Post
This was what I used on our motor home and use on my pickuphttp://www.rejex.com/rejex.html. Works really well.

I second that. I love Rejex!
Old 06-23-2014, 08:01 AM   #7

Thanks for the replies

Looks like I will save money by doing it myself and also get a better job.
Old 06-23-2014, 10:04 AM   #8
WFD

I will agree with the other posts..its a total scam. When we picked up our new 5th wheel, 5 minutes into the PDI/walk through the guy started pitching this exterior and interior protection...he was more interested in selling that package than anything else. I just ignored him and we carried on to complete the PDI, but during that time he mentioned it at least a half dozen times. It started as $1500 package and I kept showing little interest. In the end he had dropped to $400, and I decided at that price I would go along with it. But I shouldn't have...it's a total joke. As previously mentioned, its just sprayed on, probably 90% water...now I wash it and polish it with my own products and it looks good when I do it myself. How can they go from $1500 to $400...it's nothing but a scam. Oh yeah it comes with a 5 yr warranty....love to see the runaround if ever a person had a claim to make...the whole thing along with a couple of others have left a real sour taste in my mouth with our dealer...probably to the point that we would not return to that dealer..but now I am getting off track!
Old 06-23-2014, 10:36 AM   #9

Mine was a five year warranty also so I called the company to ask about having it reapplied. I was told that lack of shine wasn't covered. I asked what was covered and she said sap or rust things like that? What? I asked if I could wax over it and was told that would have no effect on the protection. Again what? I can wax over it? What does it do? No answer. Lesson learned albeit an expensive one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Tags