Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2014, 09:40 PM   #1

Reverse Osmosis

I wanted to add reverse osmosis to my trilogy. I had decided to add it only to the refrigerator. After dropping the bottom cover I discovered how easy it would be to run it to the kitchen island so I added the faucet for cooking water. I plumbed the waste back to the fresh water tank to not fill up my grey water tank. I plan to use my fresh water tank to keep the pump working good. I will also modify my system by adding a valve between the supply and waste so I can fill my fresh water tank without messing with hoses and tubing. I took the supply from the tubing to the refrigerator.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140113_163108[1].jpg
Views:	160
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	45198  
Priusron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:45 PM   #2

I also added a valve on each side of my pump so I can remove my pump without draining my tank or turning off the water.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140113_154209[1].jpg
Views:	188
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	45200  
Old 01-24-2014, 09:05 PM   #3

This seems like quite the setup you have here. I have never seen it being done like this before with any water filter, let along a reverse osmosis system. But I don't understand why you are pumping the waste water into your fresh water tank. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of using a reverse osmosis system.
AdamM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:13 PM   #4

Dumping the RO waste into the fresh water tank will work. Many commercial RO systems recycle a percentage of waste back through the system to reduce water usage. An RO system like the one pictured can use 3 gallons to make one. I would expect your pump to run a lot until the storage tank of the RO fills.
4WD SRW Diesel
JohnF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:20 PM   #5
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priusron View Post
I also added a valve on each side of my pump so I can remove my pump without draining my tank or turning off the water.

not if you drink the RO tank water
Old 01-24-2014, 10:48 PM   #6

My current pump is not for use with to systems. There a ways to make your ro more efficient such as a high pressure pump, high pressure relief valve and a permeate pump. My plan is to use water from the tank I will refill as needed. This will dilute the water in the tank. You can actually run the water through multiple timed. Some systems run it through up to 6 membranes. I will add a second membrane to my system.