Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2016, 03:46 PM   #21

Woo Hoo! We are back in our Trilogy!! I picked it up Wednesday afternoon. Both Keating Paint & Body (did the body repairs and repaint) and Fun Town RV (did all of the mechanical repairs) did a great job. I can still see a few imperfections because I know what happened, but it still turned out great.

We are living in it again in Oklahoma and will be headed to Denver in a couple of weeks. We're picking up the grandsons and taking them on a two week vacation.

We really missed our home and it's great to live in it again!!

John
2014 Dynamax Trilogy 3850RL - South Hampton Interior, Full Body Paint (Black / Silver / White), MOR/ryde Independent Suspension, MOR/ryde Disc Brakes, ONAN 5500 Generator, Progressive Industries HW50C w/Dual Display, Winegard HD Dish w/DirecTV, Washer & Dryer, iSprings 7-stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter, Trail-Air Flex Air Pin Box, Third AC installed, AC Voltage/Amp Meters, DC Amp Meter, Garnett See Level Tank Sensors, TST 507 TPMS
Retired USAF - Full Timers!
John Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 04:12 PM   #22

Great news on your Trilogy. Enjoy the grandkids, we are just finishing a trip with two of ours.
mcnabbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 09:00 PM   #23

Moving awning

Re your awning. Were there any problems moving it. We have the same problem and wondered if it left holes in the side of the RV.

Glad to hear you are back home. We are fulltime also and recently had a brace fail which caused the slideout arm to push the wall out without the slideout! Caused much wall damage and three weeks without our home. So we sympathize although ours was not as long as yours. (We took a driving vacation to south Florida as our insurance covers our motel expenses.)
Freebirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 10:59 PM   #24

Keating's was also the repair facility for our pickup truck. It was ready for us so we went to San Angelo to get it. Keating was working on the camper and while we were talking I mentioned the issue I had with the awning arm being out of plumb. They offered to fill the holes (the awning was removed since it was being replaced) and then the RV dealer would re-drill when they installed the new awning. This also meant the holes would be painted and no evidence would remain. Worked out perfectly!

I could not imaging my slide-out without the wall, as you experienced. When we had our kitchen slide repaired, the mechanic added gussets which strengthened the slide and wall. I am sure that has helped us with that slide as well.

John
2014 Dynamax Trilogy 3850RL - South Hampton Interior, Full Body Paint (Black / Silver / White), MOR/ryde Independent Suspension, MOR/ryde Disc Brakes, ONAN 5500 Generator, Progressive Industries HW50C w/Dual Display, Winegard HD Dish w/DirecTV, Washer & Dryer, iSprings 7-stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter, Trail-Air Flex Air Pin Box, Third AC installed, AC Voltage/Amp Meters, DC Amp Meter, Garnett See Level Tank Sensors, TST 507 TPMS
Retired USAF - Full Timers!
John Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 11:55 PM   #25

Thanks for the reply. We may get ours moved later so it will work right

Photo attached. We heard the Crrruuunch before the wall got out very far!! But it still did almost $9000 in damage.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FLORIDA 1 (11).jpg
Views:	123
Size:	244.3 KB
ID:	108216  
Freebirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 08:23 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hagen View Post
Woo Hoo! We are back in our Trilogy!! I picked it up Wednesday afternoon. Both Keating Paint & Body (did the body repairs and repaint) and Fun Town RV (did all of the mechanical repairs) did a great job. I can still see a few imperfections because I know what happened, but it still turned out great.

We are living in it again in Oklahoma and will be headed to Denver in a couple of weeks. We're picking up the grandsons and taking them on a two week vacation.

We really missed our home and it's great to live in it again!!

John

Hello John,

Wow! That's great news!

All the best on your vacation. Sound like y'all have certainly earned it!

God Bless,
David & Cathy

2015 Trilogy 38FL
2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW
Trailersaver TS-3 Hitch on B&W Platform
dwilhite is offline   Reply With Quote