Old 09-29-2016, 11:03 PM   #1

Should I purchase a Trilogy

I am looking to upgrade my 2013 Crusader and have located a new 2014 Trilogy 36RL.

Looking for any information on this unit. You won't hurt my feelings with your honest opinions.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Old 09-30-2016, 07:18 AM   #2

They made a very nice unit but have seen a lot of problems with the suspensions, a lot of owners have switched to the MorRyde IS, good luck on your decision and if looking new check out the new River Stone line of 5th wheels from Forest River, also very nice.

Old 09-30-2016, 09:22 AM   #3

I own a Trilogy 3850 RL 2014 wonderfull unit but i had more than my share of problem .
If you are very interredsted in buying i would invest few dollards and have an expert to look at it underneath suspensions ,brake , slide out gears .
On the roof look for cracks around the sky dome and around all your position lights ask them to do a water test around Windows .
Take your time and a good look inside turn on all lights and the a/c .
Good luck .
Old 09-30-2016, 10:11 AM   #4

triology Touring Edition

What is the difference in a Trilogy and Trilogy Touring Edition?
Old 09-30-2016, 12:13 PM   #5

First let me say we love our Trilogy. Knowing what we know now, we would probably have taken a harder look at the purchase. Dynamax stopped production on the Trilogy in 2015 and there is little or no support from the factory, their words not mine. The unit is well appointed and very nice inside. We have had several issues however the main one is the axles, we have had two failures within a year. We will have the MORRyde IS installed in the near future for piece of mind.

I would say the Trilogy is among one of the highest end units you can find. With that said, if the dealer is clearing out the units at a great price then go for it. Just plan on upgrading the suspension in the future. Also purchase a good extended warranty it has saved me thousands.
mcnabbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 03:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddubya View Post
What is the difference in a Trilogy and Trilogy Touring Edition?

The Trilogy Touring Edition, offered a Trilogy without some of the higher end add-ons and upper level components, but at a lower MSRP. Later, the Trilogy was further modified from the round sides and straight-line roof, to the standard box straight walls and unfortunately this also meant the end of the fiberglass roof, back to rubber.
Old 09-30-2016, 03:34 PM   #7

The Trilogy touring does have 4 slides out ( 2 in bedroom )
She's 40 ft long fairly heavy .

Further comments regarding your intention to buy a Trilogy i can assure you that even with all problem that i had if i had to do the same i would do it xgain making sure to correct few things first.
My wife and i do enjoy ourself in our Trilogy this is our home sweet home.
Old 10-01-2016, 07:58 PM   #8

We have a 2014 Trilogy Touring. Cosmetically it is very nice. However, the engineering leaves a lot to desired. We did the MORryde upgrade this past May. That was after the suspension failed twice. Dynamax makes a nice Super C, but 5th wheels are not their core competency. We've pretty much taken care of the issues, we will keep it. Knowing what I know now, I'd have to think long and hard about it. With that said I don't care how much you spend there will be problems. My Touring model has three slides. And for example we have one ceiling fan, not two. But we have a residential fridge and fiberglass roof