Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2014, 04:54 PM   #1

Storm Door Inserts

I recently called Mark Quinn to ask if Trilogy was going to make inserts for the screen door like those on our prior Cedarcreek. Mark said no but that a company is making them and that Forest River was installing a set for a Trilogy owner as we were speaking. That was probably John Hagen who referred to the inserts in a different thread. John said he paid $120 for them.

We ordered them since we are not within driving distance of Nappanee or Elkhart. We had to pay for packing and shipping which added $60. That seemed a lot until we saw how carefully they were packed. The soft Lexan must be protected and they do an excellent job of that. You can order in clear or tinted. We chose the tinted (John Hagen did also) so both heat and the weather are kept out.

Ours fit perfectly. The inside went right down into the screen door and we have kept the front door open for the past two days since installing. We are covering the middle section with tinted film from Wal Mart. Don't know of anything to do about the door slider.

We love it and highly recommend adding these inserts. You can contact Ben Glick at Challenger Door directly at 574-773-0470, email bglick@challengerdoor.com

JD
Freebirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 01:25 AM   #2

Totally agree with JDs comments above. We still love our inserts and it is so nice to be able to keep the door open regardless of the weather.

John
2014 Dynamax Trilogy 3850RL - South Hampton Interior, Full Body Paint (Black / Silver / White), MOR/ryde Independent Suspension, MOR/ryde Disc Brakes, ONAN 5500 Generator, Progressive Industries HW50C w/Dual Display, Winegard HD Dish w/DirecTV, Washer & Dryer, iSprings 7-stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter, Trail-Air Flex Air Pin Box, Third AC installed, AC Voltage/Amp Meters, DC Amp Meter, Garnett See Level Tank Sensors, TST 507 TPMS
Retired USAF - Full Timers!
John Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 02:24 AM   #3
NELA

Their web site certainly leaves a lot to be desired.

I had considered having inserts professionally made for our 5er, but the company I found wanted well over 400.00 for non tinted plexiglass.

I wanted to look at what this company has to offer without having to contact them.

oh well

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 11:16 PM   #4

Picture of my storm door inserts:

Top Window -
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1851.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	268.3 KB
ID:	62949

and bottom window -

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1852.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	268.3 KB
ID:	62950

I have no idea why this website turns my pictures sideways... (sorry)

John
2014 Dynamax Trilogy 3850RL - South Hampton Interior, Full Body Paint (Black / Silver / White), MOR/ryde Independent Suspension, MOR/ryde Disc Brakes, ONAN 5500 Generator, Progressive Industries HW50C w/Dual Display, Winegard HD Dish w/DirecTV, Washer & Dryer, iSprings 7-stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter, Trail-Air Flex Air Pin Box, Third AC installed, AC Voltage/Amp Meters, DC Amp Meter, Garnett See Level Tank Sensors, TST 507 TPMS
Retired USAF - Full Timers!
John Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 05:17 AM   #5

Cost me about 30 buck to make mine.
cpaulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 12:36 PM   #6

We planned to make our own but they were too heavy and were pushing the screen out. This worked better for us but if you can make your own, that's great.

JD
Freebirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 12:47 PM   #7
Mod free 5er

Made mine out of 3/16" Lexan left over from another job. Cost: 3-4 hrs free labor.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:00 PM   #8

We used a piece of black thin sheet metal on bottom only so the dog could not see out and bark at everyone 😉

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door