Old 09-18-2014, 09:20 AM   #1

Toilet Question

With the toilet in the Trilogy being a mercerator type which grinds stuff then pumps it to the black tank. Is it necessary to utilize the chemicals all the time? The water sitting in the bowl prevents any odors along with the toilet not sitting over the tank, also chemical breakdown isn't required because it's already ground into small pieces. Just wondering what other owners are doing. Am I missing something? Thanks

mcnabbwr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 10:22 AM   #2
Site Team

Depends on the chemical's you use. If it's just for odor control, then I can see the point. But some people use ones that also include a built in lubricant or coating for the tanks, etc... Personal preference really.

Old 09-18-2014, 10:39 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
Depends on the chemical's you use. If it's just for odor control, then I can see the point. But some people use ones that also include a built in lubricant or coating for the tanks, etc... Personal preference really.
What company makes a chemical with built in lub and coating? what is the cost and where do you but it?.....thanks
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 10:44 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
What company makes a chemical with built in lub and coating? what is the cost and where do you but it?.....thanks
1) Chemical Dispensing Systems for RV & Marine | Blue Streak LLC

Bought at Goshen, still waiting to install. (Gonna use up my current open bottle of TST first)

2) TST RV Toilet Treatment - Gallon - Camco 40227 - Sewer Deodorizers & Treatment - Camping World

Bought pretty much anywhere (Dealer, CW, Walmart)
Old 09-18-2014, 08:28 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnabbwr View Post
With the toilet in the Trilogy being a mercerator type which grinds stuff then pumps it to the black tank. Is it necessary to utilize the chemicals all the time? The water sitting in the bowl prevents any odors along with the toilet not sitting over the tank, also chemical breakdown isn't required because it's already ground into small pieces. Just wondering what other owners are doing. Am I missing something? Thanks
Very good question. I assume all Trilogy fifth wheels have the Tecma toilets. Here is the link to their site. http://www.thetford.com/HOME/PRODUCTS/PermanentToilets/TecmaSilenceMarine/tabid/544/Default.aspx
Another question might be, if everything is “ground up”, do we still need the special RV/Marine toilet paper?
I took a quick look at the manual but did not see the chemical issue addressed. However they do have a customer support line.
Pretty impressive unit, very expensive $1,000 to $1600. They are not in many fifth wheels; in fact I have only seen one on a 2015 DRV Mobile Suite.
If you call, please post what you discover.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:42 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgray View Post
Very good question. I assume all Trilogy fifth wheels have the Tecma toilets. Here is the link to their site. http://www.thetford.com/HOME/PRODUCTS/PermanentToilets/TecmaSilenceMarine/tabid/544/Default.aspx
Another question might be, if everything is “ground up”, do we still need the special RV/Marine toilet paper?
I took a quick look at the manual but did not see the chemical issue addressed. However they do have a customer support line.
Pretty impressive unit, very expensive $1,000 to $1600. They are not in many fifth wheels; in fact I have only seen one on a 2015 DRV Mobile Suite.
If you call, please post what you discover.
Think about macerator grinds material including TP to small sizes. Breaking down biologically is down to molecular size- probably a ratio of 1000 to 1. Use the chemicals stop the build up and odors.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:50 PM   #7
Mod free 5er

Simple Green, Super Clean, Pinesol, dish soap, etc are all adequate to lube the seals, etc. They are all extremely slippery when applied, even diluted, to seals/slide valves.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:43 PM   #8

Tecma's not on all Trilogy's

In looking at RV trader it appears that most 2014’s and all 2015 Trilogy’s do not have Tecma’s. They may have the Tecma Style II's (foot pedal not wall electric) which is not the same system as the Tecma Silence Plus. Probably discontued sometime in 2014 because of cost...
Old 09-18-2014, 09:52 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgray View Post
In looking at RV trader it appears that most 2014’s and all 2015 Trilogy’s do not have Tecma’s. Probably discontued sometime in 2014 because of cost...
My 2014 has the Tecma. I believe if it's not a touring model they will have one, not sure on the 15 model year. Also I will contact customer service as you suggested and will post my findings.
mcnabbwr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 07:48 AM   #10

Sensors

In the Tecma RV Owner's Manual (attached) from their website, I found the following that I was not aware of and a little surprised, if accurate:

Holding Tank Level Sensors
This Tecma toilet system has Tank Level Sensors mounted on the outside of the black water tank.

Alson has many warning lights on hand control and lockout when full.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf TecmaRVbilingualOMan.pdf (2).pdf (903.3 KB, 46 views)