Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2016, 01:55 PM   #1

Trilogy 3850 RL 2014

My wonderfull Trilogy falling aparts
While fuelling i notice that my wheels line up wasn't quiet right on the driver side i went around my unit to find out that the back bracket holding my suspension broke off and was sitting there at 90 degree where she should be.
What saved us is the shock absorber and the small bracket holding it .
It did prevent the back tire to touch the front one it was about one inche away when i notice it.
The shock absorber has you can see took a lot of pressure while the wheel was robbing against it and so as the small bracket which was shreading my tire slowly but surely.
Did show that to some truck driver and they where shock to see such damage caused by a lousy weld along the back bracket holding the spring and the correct track.
Last year i change all my break drums for disks and had the shock absorber best move i ever made stopping distance his a lot shorter and more leliable than the drum since one of them never break at all according the expert who change the breaks.
I spent 3 days in Champlain one mile away from the border waiting for repair .
If you ever have problem near that place go to the Irving gas station they are verry helpfull .
Sofar i spend over $7000.00 last year and $5000.00 this year all that for our safety.
Those are the 2 main issued that we had with this supposed to be one of the best on the 5th wheel on the market.
Problems you name it i had it water leak from day one either underneath or on the roof the latest one a month ago the hot water manifold start leaking.
Electrical the outside round front lights turn on on their own need to shut down all electrical power to reset them .
Amber door light do come on when ever she feel like it.
Had to change the first 18 tooths gear on the kitchen slide out this was due to the slide being install not properly.
I do have a crack just bellow bedroom slide out this is due to weakeness in main structure.
Awning frame pulling away from shell side.
Crack on back side position lights.

Yes i will go directly to Dynamax on my way back from Florida next spring not only to show them this wonderfull 5th wheel but also asking them if they would let anyone from their own family proceed to a trip around the country or to visit another one .

Capt.Rene
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1471803305408.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	117985   Click image for larger version

Name:	1471803339419.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	117986   Click image for larger version

Name:	1471803443804.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	117987  
reneruest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 02:06 PM   #2

Wow, pretty sad. If you keep the Trilogy, stop at MOR/ryde when back in Goshen. Get the Independent Suspension put on. You will NOT regret it and all of the suspension issues go away.

John
2014 Dynamax Trilogy 3850RL - South Hampton Interior, Full Body Paint (Black / Silver / White), MOR/ryde Independent Suspension, MOR/ryde Disc Brakes, ONAN 5500 Generator, Progressive Industries HW50C w/Dual Display, Winegard HD Dish w/DirecTV, Washer & Dryer, iSprings 7-stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter, Trail-Air Flex Air Pin Box, Third AC installed, AC Voltage/Amp Meters, DC Amp Meter, Garnett See Level Tank Sensors, TST 507 TPMS
Retired USAF - Full Timers!
John Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 05:09 PM   #3

Yeah it is unfortunate but very common. Always seems to be the same bracket that breaks. Luckily it didn't cause any further damage.
Old 08-25-2016, 06:01 PM   #4

Always the passenger back wheel who's causing me problem before switching from drum brake to disck the right side was overheating sticky break compare to the left side who never done anything at all.
Rene
reneruest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 06:14 PM   #5

More pictures
Underneath you can see channel bar accros 3 of them to reinforce .
The red tape is over some openning so that i can check my slides out gears had to renew the first one by the cylinder on the galley side .
Rene
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1472166303874.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	118451   Click image for larger version

Name:	1472166334553.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	118452   Click image for larger version

Name:	1472166486603.jpg